Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Current Hand Ranges Vs ALL IN Hand Ranges.

Discuss this topic when dealing with your one pair (TOP PAIR) hands.

We all know we lose the most money with 1 pair hands accoring to our PT Dbs,

Pot control is paramount with regards to 1 pair hands or other current best but may not be best if it gets to SD hands.

How can i try to calculate my opps Hand Range now vs his all in range? and how can we apply that to pot size and implied odds.

This may not make any sense but what im trying to say is ex. Villain is a decent tag and we havn't tangled really before. 20/15/2.0 I am LAG 28/20/2.5. Folded to me in SB I have AKo and raise 4x BB, villain in BB calls, board is Kh9c4s my hand is best vs villains range pretty much no matter what. (On the flop before any action) I bet 2/3 pot. villain calls. His range could be fairly wide and we are still definitly ahead of it. 1 pair, 2pair, Set, Gutter ball straight draw (Although this is less likely)
Turn is a Th. Now I check (most of the time because a good tag isnt going to be calling often with a hand that we are still ahead of on turn, but then villain bets, his range is still fairly wide here and i can't really just fold for another bet, but calling and checking river is terrible (Or is it? and if he fires river again just fold?, so I c/r ai. The only problem is, all the hands I beat pretty much fold unless its a pair + biggish draw. And any hand that beats me is more then willing to get it all in, so more often then not i'm losing when called.

How can i improve my top pair hands (especially OOP) while at the same time not giving up too much when i'm ahead and again while not losing the max when i'm behind when the money goes all in?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Current Hand Ranges Vs ALL IN Hand Ranges.

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is a decent tag and we havn't tangled really before. 20/15/2.0 I am LAG 28/20/2.5. Folded to me in SB I have AKo and raise 4x BB, villain in BB calls, board is Kh9c4s my hand is best vs villains range pretty much no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is until he called you on that flop.

[ QUOTE ]
(On the flop before any action) I bet 2/3 pot. villain calls. His range could be fairly wide and we are still definitely ahead of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that wide against a tag. Once he calls flop. It's time to be nervous against this guy.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is a Th. Now I check (most of the time because a good tag inst going to be calling often with a hand that we are still ahead of on turn, but then villain bets, his range is still fairly wide here and i can't really just fold for another bet, but calling and checking river is terrible (Or is it? and if he fires river again just fold?, so I c/r ai.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the turn c/c.
C/r is ridiculous here.

On river, the choices are b/f, c/c, c/f

I don't like c/c because this guy doesn't bet twice as a bluff too often and we lose money to better hands who bet and lose value to worse hands that check behind.

Any tag that bets turn and river from this flop board here either is bluffing or has us owned. So I prefer c/f against this guy over b/f.

Note that when we called his turn bet, he thinks we are calling again. So for him to bet again on river, he will have a strong hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:15 PM

So you only c/r 2pair + hands? and occasionally a picked up pair and OESD or FD?

What kind of lines with TPTK do you take vs donkish LAG? 30-35+ VPIP/5-10% PFR/
Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM

It's mainly about the ranges of a 20/15. What hexactly do you think his hand range is after he calls the flop?

Against a looser opponent I would would bet/fold turn to get value from weaker aces and get info cuz if he raises turn we are beat and can safely fold.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Also - with a wetter flop, usually I would c/r a lag or b/f a tag on the turn. This is because hand ranges differ widely for various opponent-board combinations.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM

If a TAG calls turn are u c/f river?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:40 PM

The key to figuring out all-in ranges is a villains WTSD%/W@SD% (Went To Showdown/ Won At Showdown). A villain who goes to showdown only a very small percentage of the time (lets say less than 20%) and wins the decent majority of the time is most likely going all-in with at worst TPTK. On the other extreme are players who go to showdown %30 of the time and are losing the decent majority of the time. These guys simply refuse to let go of top pair/any kicker and sometimes even worse hands than that. While I've not done any really significant PT digging to see exactly what all-in ranges correspond to which percentages, this is still a good rough guideline.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 PM

tl;dr
Old 08-28-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

Troll, Ban. His 8 tabling 50NL to get to Supernova Elite was kinda funny though.