Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: 8 limpers to the flop - FW 20/40

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be very helpful if everyone who responds indicates whether they play in this game regularly or not.

With a few very fast players in this game and a bunch of real bad ones if I can see any flop for $10 additional (the big blind did not have any history of raising his big blind) I would do it.

This, coupled with the fact that I've been running real hot lately made this an easy preflop call for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played in this game for about 60 hours several weekends ago, but I am a regular at 20/40 live.

Stox's book says this hand is an easy call. I don't have the odds for often you flop 2-pair here and how much you can expect to extract value out of this but he does. I do know that there's no way this can be fold. Calling with ATC here is correct unless villain is raising more than 10% of the time. It's espeically more correct with a hand that can hit trips with good kicker, because the implied odds are decent. I'll grab the book when I get home from work.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would prefer to play 95o to K7o here, but would play neither. You are probably right about what most people would play, but that doesn't mean it is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate speaking for other poeple, but most players on this board who are expierenced winners in these games are calling here getting 15:1.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
leading TPWK into 8 limpers here on the flop is standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

check/call an EP better sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would C/F an EP bettor, esp if there were callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting what will amount to be 10-12:1 with 5 outs with a hand that can likely be ahead is terribly weak, tight advice. *insert Ed Miller ramble*

I'm fine with a check-raise. I feel that choice is style dependent, close, and dependent on whether you are also leading draws here(I am), but if anyone outside of late position is leading, you're going to be better off calling, so I just prefer to lead here.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Getting what will amount to be 10-12:1 with 5 outs with a hand that can likely be ahead is terribly weak, tight advice. *insert Ed Miller ramble*

I'm fine with a check-raise. I feel that choice is style dependent, close, and dependent on whether you are also leading draws here(I am), but if anyone outside of late position is leading, you're going to be better off calling, so I just prefer to lead here.

[/ QUOTE ]

where do you get 5 outs from? i'm not putting an EP bettor on 84.

you have 3 outs and can easily be outdrawn if you hit. your hand = trash when faced with a bet and callers.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:34 PM

For what it's worth, I'm calling 90% of my hands here in a 2/3 structure or in a half kill pot from my BB and I'll concede that folding 10% might be a small mistake. I suspect it's somewhere between break even to a small mistake in a 1/2 structure. Calling it some-big-number:1 is misleading because we end up with a trash hand out of position with 3 rounds of betting to go and you guys don't sound like you're only continuing with 2 pair or better. Too often we end up being the guy paying off the set or big draw or otherwise hitting a sexy second best.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:55 PM

Rob R often drinks beer at the table, is probably in his 50s, and often where's 2 pairs of glasses at the table (one shades and one reading) which he often wears together.

He also plays 20/40 Stud, is in the room all the time, and always tries to get a 40/80 game going.

"tattoo" is a regular player who talks constantly, is bald, has tatoos on both of his upper arms, bets with two hands, knows almost everyone in the 20/40 hold'em foxwoods world, i'd guess between 28-38. and his name rhymes with GOSH.

If you don't know who these two guys are then you really can't be a regular in the game. They are as well known as Norman, Machine Gun, Hawaiian Eddie, Cabbie, Nicky, Jay, Ronnie, etc.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob R often drinks beer at the table, is probably in his 50s, and often where's 2 pairs of glasses at the table (one shades and one reading) which he often wears together.

He also plays 20/40 Stud, is in the room all the time, and always tries to get a 40/80 game going.

"tattoo" is a regular player who talks constantly, is bald, has tatoos on both of his upper arms, bets with two hands, knows almost everyone in the 20/40 hold'em foxwoods world, i'd guess between 28-38. and his name rhymes with GOSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's who I thought tatto was. He also lurks here. Anyway, I'm fine with the PF call, but I would go for a c/r on the flop. That flop is getting checked through like never.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:51 PM

oh wow, the turn is closer to a 3bet than a fold.

i would have paid money to see the aftermath of this hand.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:15 AM

yah, i thought these guys were kidding... i'm glad somebody agrees... lol, u have better than 15:1 to flop 2 pairs...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:20 AM

i think 2 pair is 11:1...

i call any 2 getting 15:1... there's nothign that amuses more than winning w/ fugly cards... now THAT is good for my image...

what kinda "image" does someone wanna build folding 15:1?!!!