Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Cont. bet ui AK

all villains are loose passive, Mp2 is 65/5/0.8 in 100hands
and co is 80/5/1 in 30hands

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A K
UTG folds, Hero raises, CO calls, BU calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2 6 T (8.67SB, 4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BU folds, BB calls.

Turn: 8 (5.83BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, BB calls.

River: 5 (8.83BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Results:
Final pot: 8.83
Old 08-28-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Cont. bet ui AK

check the turn and hope for a free card
Old 08-28-2007, 04:15 PM

I dont think I bet the flop.

Whats the suits OP?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 PM

post the suits of the cards!

Against LP:s I often bet/fold turn since they peel flop with any two cards. Against one LP i always c-bet turn against two it depends on reads and position and against three I give up. I'm tempted to bet/fold this turn
Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 PM

U serious Oink? I understand that we won't take this down immediately here, but we have like the best hand a reasonable percentage of the time.

I think that puts you in a messed up spot on the turn too often. I mean seriously, you're going to let this check around and then fold to a bet from any player on the turn? Or, if you are facing a bet on the flop, peel and c/f?
I agree with yourface here. After getting called twice on the flop, I think you are not good often enough to fire again, and you will get a freecard from CO pretty often.

Actually, I just noticed this is full ring so folding should be more of a consideration....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:56 PM

oh yeah, obv suits will change the best course of action sometimes.....
Old 08-28-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
U serious Oink? I understand that we won't take this down immediately here, but we have like the best hand a reasonable percentage of the time.

I think that puts you in a messed up spot on the turn too often. I mean seriously, you're going to let this check around and then fold to a bet from any player on the turn? Or, if you are facing a bet on the flop, peel and c/f?
I agree with yourface here. After getting called twice on the flop, I think you are not good often enough to fire again, and you will get a freecard from CO pretty often.

Actually, I just noticed this is full ring so folding should be more of a consideration....

[/ QUOTE ]

you win this pot on the flop vs. these 2 about 0% of the time.

On that turn, when 2 ppl call, it's a death turn card. I c/f the turn, because it's all over
Old 08-28-2007, 05:07 PM

So does that mean you don't c-bet? There are also 3 opponents on the flop, don't know if you saw that...
Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all villains are loose passive, Mp2 is 65/5/0.8 in 100hands and co is 80/5/1 in 30hands

[/ QUOTE ]

u table select goot

but seriously....i dont like the turn bet. heres why, the CO will call you down with bottom pair and the BB will overcall with A high because thats what these guys do. they are professional bluff catchers.....let them call u down light when you have a made hand. abuse them with value bets,not bluffs. save those for the tight passives.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Trypta.

I am not disputing that we have the best hand sometimes and therefore ok equity.

However we are rarely gonna realize that equity since the 3 loose passive villains will not fold very often.

My point is, what good does it do hero to bet the flop, get called by 3 players and then c/f the turn?

Since hero is so rarely gonna win this hand UI anyways as he is not gonna see a lot of SD's without improving, he is not going to realize that "ok" equity on the flop. So he might as well just c/c instead to prevent getting 3-bet.

I hope I am making sense because I havent convinced myself about the argumentation. If there is some good poker theorists who (dis)agree with me, it would be great to hear from you. I am sure jba or sweetjazz could give a better explenation as to what strategy is optimal here.