Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Default nl200 AJo OOP

This is the same guy as the QQ hand - something like 27/25/6 over lots of hands.

Would like thoughts on both PF and flop here. Thought about C/C flop since he CBets with pretty much everything. Although thats a sorta float and have no idea how OOP floats tend to work out as they seem pretty obvious.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.25
Hero (BB): $286.05
UTG: $182.10
BTN: $349.02

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($15) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $33.00</font>
Old 08-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: nl200 AJo OOP

i typically rr pf.

flop is okay. though what are you repping? would you raise a K here? (many tags would c/c with stuff like KQ). wouldn't you rr TT? seems like you have either QJ/KT/555, a pretty small range. (seems like your c/r-ing just for the hell of it). though, hopefully he's not really thinking about your range and can still fold his whatever.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM

Against a 27/25/6 I'm 3-ballin pre. Calling is OK too though.

As played, I like the c/r even though we're not really repping much, so long as villain doesn't know that. If you play together frequently and he's a solid hand reader than I don't like it as much unless your prepared to stack off with KQ/KJ type hands and he knows it.

I'm not sure I like calling the flop. We could donk the turn, but it's a pretty transparent play IMO. We can't really ck/c a double barrel on the turn either. So I'd say ck/r flop is the best line if your going to continue with the hand, though you should be folding most of the time.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM

I think pf is fine.

It's definitely standard to sometimes c/r the flop when you call out of the blinds and whiff. However, you must also take this line w/ your sets, two pair hands and sometimes tpgk. Otherwise, your hand looks exactly like air.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:19 PM

PF is fine, I would flat-call flop to slow him down on the turn because BTN raise could be very wide range of hands
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM

This is fine. You don't rep too much but he probably has even less and it's good for balancing. Don't even think about keeping it up if he calls though.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PF is fine, I would flat-call flop to slow him down on the turn because BTN raise could be very wide range of hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Plan for the turn?