Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 07:53 AM

Default NLCASH turning 2 pair

Same opponent as other post, i have been more aggressive than my opponent, running at about 35/30 and repopping him every now and again. IMO he is playing pretty passively, limping a lot of buttons which i am raising maybe ~40% of the time which he typically folds.

anyway onto the hand,

NL600, he has ~550 and i cover...

He minraises, i call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. he typically raises to psb and although minraises are not uncommon.

flop comes
3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check,

turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

i bet 26 into 36 pot, he minraises to 52, I call

river 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

thoughts on turn/river? up to this point he had always fired a c-bet on the flop, which i had check raised maybe 2/12 times or so...
Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: NLCASH turning 2 pair

turn is fine, I'd be inclined to check call river; ; depending on what betsize he chooses. I could def see opponents like this showing some sorta mediocre hand when taking this line: diamonds, 88, air, single J etc.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 AM

Yea, hopefully you'll get a cheap showdown as that river is kinda a scare card for a minraise pre, you could be playing ATC IMHO. He could easily have AJ or some poop. Worst case is a tiny set. I think its a check call unless he bets close to pot
Old 08-28-2007, 10:16 AM

yeah, i had a really difficult time putting opponent on a hand range due to the fact it was relatively early in the match and it was a minraise pf. i know if i was in his shoes i could have anything from 78 to 47 to a4, or a flush draw.

in my mind, when i see a minraise, i typically think, he probably thinks he has the best hand... but sometime i convince myself i can push him off of it...