Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Week 1 NCAA plays and leans

well...I do have South Carolina's full squad 34 points better than La-Laf in my personal index. I don't feel bad about the pick, but just don't like it so much with all the off-field crap.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Michigan St -18.5 v UAB 1 Unit
Only 8 returning starters for UAB
solid Mich St defense (esp secondary) v inexpericenced UAB offense (esp WR)
New smashmouth MSU offense should take advantage of weak defensive line and lack of depth at LB

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this play as well. New coach at UAB has failed to thrill anyone in the Magic City. Also, not exactly burning up the recruiting trail. Only play I'll post this week:

Wyoming +4 vs. Virginia.

Cavs will have a tough time adjusting to the altitude in Laramie and could have a tough time with the Pokes anyway. Last year, Wyoming took Virginia to overtime and lost by one in C-ville. Also last year, UW covered against Boise at home and 2 years ago beat Ole Miss at home. These games are very comparable competition for Wyoming. Virginia has not covered as a road favorite against non conference competition since 2004 against Temple. Play the Pokes.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:27 AM

If one of you guys is the market maker for NCAAF on matchbook, can you start putting up totals?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UGA is 40-37-2 ATS the last 7 years
30-26-2 ATS the last 5

[/ QUOTE ]

yea yea yea

UGA is at -6.5 now. I still kinda like it. Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

yea yea yea

UGA is at -6.5 now. I still kinda like it. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm skeptical about Oklahoma State, they barely beat a coachless Alabama team in the bowl game last year and were much happier to be there than the Tide. I'm also skeptical about any team that allowed both Kentucky and Vandy to beat them then turns around and beats Auburn and Georgia Tech. I can't get a handle on either team so I'm staying away.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:15 AM

My uncle called me saying he had a lead-pipe "lock" this week.

Obviously I know no such thing exists, but is Purdue -7 over Toledo even remotely close to betable?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kansas St +13.5 @ Auburn bet 2.75u to win 2.5u

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you here. Auburn has struggled recently, both in nonconference games and home games against decent competition that they are favored to win by 7-14 pts. Taking the KSU ML might not be a bad idea.

I'm kind of surprised you like the over, however. Both D-lines should have their way in this game and it could be ugly. I'm leaning KSU and the under.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kansas St +13.5 @ Auburn bet 2.75u to win 2.5u

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with you here. Auburn has struggled recently, both in nonconference games and home games against decent competition that they are favored to win by 7-14 pts. Taking the KSU ML might not be a bad idea.

I'm kind of surprised you like the over, however. Both D-lines should have their way in this game and it could be ugly. I'm leaning KSU and the under.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i hope you both are right. i have no confidence in kansas state this weekend.

in the past week or so ksu has suspended their starting senior TE who is very important in the offense they run, plus a potential starting NT and RT quit. that and in the spring and most fall practices josh freeman (QB) has still been pretty eratic. ksu switched to the 3-4 def this year (new coord.) and i'm not sure they have the line play for it. run def could be a big issue like it was last year.

def and spec teams will decide this game, i guess the best hope is for some kind of backdoor cover here cause i think ksu will get down 10-14 early. question is whether auburn can put the hammer down. ksu had some stinker road losses last year to much weaker teams (baylor, kansas, missouri). i'm not touching this game, only play i think is the under as i think both teams will be conservative on offense and let their def dictate the game.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 PM

FYI-Looks like Auburn's starting TB Lester could be suspended for the game due to academics. Auburn's backups, Tate and Fannin are solid though.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you guys hear Chan Gailey hired Michael Vick as a special consultant to the GT football team?

He finally found someone who knows how to beat a Dawg.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you and [censored] Reggie Ball.