Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Bushes and seeing them in church, hypocritical ?

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think it's hypocritical when you see Bush Sr or Jr going to church ? I mean they've killed together hundreds of thousands of people throughout the world and to see them going to church just makes me shake my head. Are they really good Christians ? Do they believe their doing the right thing ? I don't believe in the same god as others do I don't think an invisible man is in the sky watching every move and has 10 specific things he doesn't want you to do. Maybe they don't either but how do you feel ? I just think you could take all those billions they spend on military worldwide, use it to feed, clothe, educate people worldwide many times over.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Christians are killers and have been for a while (crusades, among other things). Christians start wars.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think it's hypocritical when you see Bush Sr or Jr going to church ? I mean they've killed together hundreds of thousands of people throughout the world and to see them going to church just makes me shake my head. Are they really good Christians ? Do they believe their doing the right thing ? I don't believe in the same god as others do I don't think an invisible man is in the sky watching every move and has 10 specific things he doesn't want you to do. Maybe they don't either but how do you feel ? I just think you could take all those billions they spend on military worldwide, use it to feed, clothe, educate people worldwide many times over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to god yesterday, he said everything is cool.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM

Just watched the George Carlin skits on religion ... you should check out em on youtube that's what inspired this post. So much of what he talks about is true.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:01 AM

Not hypocrital. I read something a while back that talked about Bush's relgiosity --- it was kind of interesting. The article (or it may have been a news program) claimed that despite all claims to the contrary, Bush isn't a very religious guy. It is kind of a known secret among the DC press corps. The article claimed that Bush isn't even a member of a church right now (though he might attend mass.)
Old 08-28-2007, 11:47 AM

I'm positive you're confusing George W with George Sr. The elder Bush is the not-really-religious guy. In fact, some say the reason he was elected in teh first place was because of W.'s insistance on catering the Evangelicals (since he is one, and recognized them as an untapped constituency). George Sr. used his son often in photo ops to emphasize the family's religious and evangelical commitment.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched the George Carlin skits on religion ... you should check out em on youtube that's what inspired this post. So much of what he talks about is true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prob one of my favorite summaries of all time RE: religion.
Add in the fact that GC is close to being funniest dude ever and the message is WICKED!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM

Just because someone calls themself a Christian doesn't mean they actually are. Bush fits in very well with a large segment of evangelical "Christians" who seek power in an attempt to impose their beliefs on the rest of the world. These people worship the state, almost as much as they worship God, as they think God has ordained the state to impose good throughout the world. Bush isn't being hypocritical because his policies just follow the teachings of the church(es) he attends. I would hesitate to call these churches Christian, however, because their teachings on how people ought to relate to each other are in total opposition to Jesus' teachings on this subject.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Christians are killers and have been for a while (crusades, among other things). Christians start wars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are mistaking the term "people in power" for "Christians". A lot of Christians were misled into the Crusades, but they didn't start it. "A" Christian may have started it, under the pretense of fighting for God, but in reality it was the same reason for most wars, money, territory and power.

Do not confuse the few people in the elite with the masses that are beguiled into war.

And I can point you to a bunch of cases in which wars started were not started by Christians.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm a Democrat and a Christian.

And I can't, for the life of me, understand how Bush can call himself a Christian and have the views he does on:

-war
-environmental issues
-taxes
-gay marriage (I guess I disagree w/ the entire church on this one)

Then again, evangelical Christians are pretty crazy. Just watch "Jesus Camp"
Old 08-28-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a Democrat and a Christian.

And I can't, for the life of me, understand how Bush can call himself a Christian and have the views he does on:

-war
-environmental issues
-taxes
-gay marriage (I guess I disagree w/ the entire church on this one)

Then again, evangelical Christians are pretty crazy. Just watch "Jesus Camp"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus dress-up!!

http://www.jesusdressup.com/