Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Spew or Standard ? 200NL

If you've seen him reacting to players playing a particularly aggressive preflop game, by putting on the pressure himself by 3betting preflop than i'm much more inclined to go with this hand. But since it doesn't seem like he's that type of player (or at least we havn't noticed it yet). I wouldn't just assume that he'll 3bet you lighter because you're on the button.

Any history at all makes this an easier decision. But right now the given history says that he isn't playing back at you light, so you should give him respect this time.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've seen him reacting to players playing a particularly aggressive preflop game, by putting on the pressure himself by 3betting preflop than i'm much more inclined to go with this hand. But since it doesn't seem like he's that type of player (or at least we havn't noticed it yet). I wouldn't just assume that he'll 3bet you lighter because you're on the button.

Any history at all makes this an easier decision. But right now the given history says that he isn't playing back at you light, so you should give him respect this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone here run @ 11/9/3ish, can you tell me your 3-betting range in this spot?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 AM

Haha. Looks like you do have some specific reads then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well lets see here. Looks like you are betting $175 to win $95. He needs to call like another $130 to win $270. Not to bad of odds for him. I think this is ultimately read dependent. If you have reads on him that he can make big laydowns then its probably not a bad move. Even if you get called you can still draw out on him (if you get called you're going to need to =)). If you have seen him stack off with TP and stuff like that then you probably aren't going to move him off of a lot of hands here.

I probably need better reads on my opponent before I make a play like this. Until then I will avoid this kind of play.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:49 AM

i like. 11/9 isn't that nitty. He's three popping a lot here.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:57 AM

I'm sorry but 11/9 is extremely nitty. Easy fold PF. I probably play the flop similarly though.