Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Lyme disease

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How will this effect my life? Is drinking a bad idea? Drugs? Any other thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ti(c)k says: These are definitely things that would be best answered by your physician.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that my physician has been compromised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. From now on when I want to googletard I will use the statement "Just for the sake of argument, let's assume google has been compromised."

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How about this? From now on when I want to be a pathetic loser who trolls forums I'll just use the statement "Just for the sake of argument, let's assume XXXNoahXXX has been compromised."
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 AM

tbach:

please never leave again

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had Lyme disease last year and I didn't feel abnormal at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I thought it stuck with you for life?

[/ QUOTE ]
My mom got lyme disease and ended up with fibromyalgia as a result [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Ironically this is right after she moved to Lyme, CT. My stepfather's had it twice.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had Lyme disease last year and I didn't feel abnormal at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I thought it stuck with you for life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lyme disease appears to be a pretty controversial topic; I did some reading about it a while ago when I was having some problems that might have been explained by having Lyme disease. The typical response is a pretty long course of antibiotics, which is supposed to clear it up. I think most doctors say this should be something like 4 weeks, but some people seem to think months are necessary, and that if you don't do this you can get flareups later on, et cetera. There are doctors that apparently specialize in Lyme disease; it seems like a fringe specialty, and they are few and far between.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a couple family members with Lymes, one multiple times. (I live in the sticks, and Lymes is rampant here.)

If you catch the infection in the bullseye stage, it's generally before It's gotten into the bloodstream and organs. This is great, because treating it is a normal course of antibiotics for a week or 10 days.

However, many people don't notice it at this stage. It's real trouble if it spreads before you catch it. It can disable you. Treating it is usually antibiotics by IV at this stage, but it's wicked hard to kill once it gets a foothold.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:51 AM

I used to know a guy with Lyme's disease. The claim he used to make is that medical insurance companies have leaned on the doctors both to misdiagnose it and to underprescribe medication. From what he was saying, lots of people with Lymes have the same complaint.

I have no idea if he's or just paranoid, but I would recommend using google and doing your own research. Maybe your doctor really has been compromised.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:55 AM

I had Lyme Disease a few years ago-- Cleared up no problem after taking the prescribed antibiotics. Screwed me up something nasty until they figured out what it was though. Drinking/Drugs shouldn't matter unless it screws with the antibiotics.

Oh, and if you're the tbach I think you are, this is arak. Come use the funnel soon <3
Old 08-28-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ironically this is right after she moved to Lyme, CT.

[/ QUOTE ]