Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: The Nanny Staters have a new target

Its only going to get worse. FoF et al have been preparing for this for a GENERATION. They got it better than Falwell who thought he could win on just radio and tv. These false, old-lady extorting, child molesting, biblethumping unclefuckers knew they had to raise a generation of foot soldiers. Home schooling, bare bones private christian secondary schools, "chirstian" universities, and political involvement were the route they took. CHristian tv, radio, books, the whole Goebbels playbook was put to work. Now, its bearing fruit. 25 years ago politicians invoked God without meaning it. Now, they have a hardcore group of brainwashed truebelievers fighting a holy war. And we are a target they want and see as vulnerable. Fromaggio can dis me and call me what names he wants, but he doesn't and hasn't lived frontlines through this. I know these people, Engineer does too. Im not sure if peopel realize it, but they have mapped out the country and voting patterns, and for YEARS have bought land and encouraged people to move. They set up towns, counties, and Congressional districts to be "christian". They are now using those people and areas and money and votes to fight back in the Culture wars. They know the Bush Era is ending, and they are going to scorch the Earth and take whatever laws and victories they can on the way out, regroup, and fight us again. I don't really care what I call them, or whose feelings are hurt, I know these scumbags and the fuckjobs they do to people's minds. When you come back from burying people who killed themselves for failing to live up to what was expected of them from these churches, told they were a failure and a disappointment to God, fromaggio, then you can lecture me on my language and namecalling.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its only going to get worse. FoF et al have been preparing for this for a GENERATION. They got it better than Falwell who thought he could win on just radio and tv. These false, old-lady extorting, child molesting, biblethumping unclefuckers knew they had to raise a generation of foot soldiers. Home schooling, bare bones private christian secondary schools, "chirstian" universities, and political involvement were the route they took. CHristian tv, radio, books, the whole Goebbels playbook was put to work. Now, its bearing fruit. 25 years ago politicians invoked God without meaning it. Now, they have a hardcore group of brainwashed truebelievers fighting a holy war. And we are a target they want and see as vulnerable. Fromaggio can dis me and call me what names he wants, but he doesn't and hasn't lived frontlines through this. I know these people, Engineer does too. Im not sure if peopel realize it, but they have mapped out the country and voting patterns, and for YEARS have bought land and encouraged people to move. They set up towns, counties, and Congressional districts to be "christian". They are now using those people and areas and money and votes to fight back in the Culture wars. They know the Bush Era is ending, and they are going to scorch the Earth and take whatever laws and victories they can on the way out, regroup, and fight us again. I don't really care what I call them, or whose feelings are hurt, I know these scumbags and the fuckjobs they do to people's minds. When you come back from burying people who killed themselves for failing to live up to what was expected of them from these churches, told they were a failure and a disappointment to God, fromaggio, then you can lecture me on my language and namecalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't dissed you or called you names. All I've asked is that you not refer to our opponents as Nazis, ChristaNazis, facists, unclefuckers, followers of Goebel - any of that stuff.

It doesn't make us look good; in fact, it makes us look worse than our opponents. There's no way that such language could help to convert anybody who doesn't already agree with our position; it can only help to lose supporters that we already have.

Do you really disagree? Would you be proud to show your 2+2 postings to your parents?

Think about it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 PM

My father would probably agree and add a couple names. My mother just isn't very smart. She still won't admit to herself the truth about them. We have first hand family experience of these fakes. Close relatives almost went bankrupt giving to Swaggart. Teenage suicide egged on by "christian" counseling who told him Kurt CObain was the spawn of Satan and liking him was akin to devil worship. Her mother was totally taken in by a charismatic preacher who broke off from the family church and started his own megachurch, and is now a millionaire. Stood up at my grandfather's funeral and said he was going to hell. So yeah, I'm damn proud of my 2p2 post. And, these people are evil, and deserve every appellation I can summon out of thin air to disparage them. And [censored] the media who wants to play nice and call them people of faith, or evengelical, or whatever the new terms are. I understand some people are just too stupid to realize what they are, and Im related to a bevy of them. I think its high time the country stood up and called these people out for what they are. That requires direct shocking language. You can't sugarcoat it, they use the war or words better. SPitting in their face is the first step to people seeing what they are about. They don't get it. Hell, Haggardy's(spelling) church is still GIVING him money to undergo counselling, and receive direct state sanctioned access to CHILDREN for counselling. After he admitted to meth and child prostitution. They pray for him and think he will do good work for kids. Is that beyond sick or what? It makes them douches, [censored], Nazis, molesters and worse.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't dissed you or called you names. All I've asked is that you not refer to our opponents as Nazis, ChristaNazis, facists, unclefuckers, followers of Goebel - any of that stuff.

It doesn't make us look good; in fact, it makes us look worse than our opponents. There's no way that such language could help to convert anybody who doesn't already agree with our position; it can only help to lose supporters that we already have.

Do you really disagree? Would you be proud to show your 2+2 postings to your parents?

Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. The name calling doesn't help at all, and may actually hurt. I never take anyone seriously that resorts to ad hominem attacks; many people react as I do.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:25 PM

It sounds to me like you have a gene pool problem. If you just try to restrain yourself, you might get along. Other than that, I really don't know how to help.

Just one humble request: Please don't write letters, and please don't go out in public to lobby for our mutual interest. I want to play poker online, and nobody needs crazy guys like you screwing it up for the well-balanced majority.

[ QUOTE ]
My father would probably agree and add a couple names. My mother just isn't very smart. She still won't admit to herself the truth about them. We have first hand family experience of these fakes. Close relatives almost went bankrupt giving to Swaggart. Teenage suicide egged on by "christian" counseling who told him Kurt CObain was the spawn of Satan and liking him was akin to devil worship. Her mother was totally taken in by a charismatic preacher who broke off from the family church and started his own megachurch, and is now a millionaire. Stood up at my grandfather's funeral and said he was going to hell. So yeah, I'm damn proud of my 2p2 post. And, these people are evil, and deserve every appellation I can summon out of thin air to disparage them. And [censored] the media who wants to play nice and call them people of faith, or evengelical, or whatever the new terms are. I understand some people are just too stupid to realize what they are, and Im related to a bevy of them. I think its high time the country stood up and called these people out for what they are. That requires direct shocking language. You can't sugarcoat it, they use the war or words better. SPitting in their face is the first step to people seeing what they are about. They don't get it. Hell, Haggardy's(spelling) church is still GIVING him money to undergo counselling, and receive direct state sanctioned access to CHILDREN for counselling. After he admitted to meth and child prostitution. They pray for him and think he will do good work for kids. Is that beyond sick or what? It makes them douches, [censored], Nazis, molesters and worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Think about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. The name calling doesn't help at all, and may actually hurt. I never take anyone seriously that resorts to ad hominem attacks; many people react as I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brothers.