Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Ultimate Frisbee

I play for "Classy", which is a new team this year but with a lot of solid players, we'll hopefully make regionals unless we screw something up.

My roommate plays for THBC (thunder-hatchet bear-claw) which is composed mostly of berkeley dudes. And i've got friends on most other teams in the area, including Contra and Mischief.

As for the greatest, it was pretty cool. dude on my team threw up this floaty garbage throw on a high stall count so I ran over (from nowhere near the play) to bring it down, ended up waiting at the front cone for it, had to jump out of bounds to catch it, and just threw it back however I could (its pretty hard to make it go anywhere), and a girl on my team happened to just be standing there and it fell into her hands while the two people from the other team who tried to D me stood there watching. Pretty cool.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to learn to lay out though, thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why God invented the Slip 'n Slide and tequila. Just try not to land on your shoulder.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I need to learn to lay out though, thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why God invented the Slip 'n Slide and tequila. Just try not to land on your shoulder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, there was a slip n slide down in dolores park yesterday, my roommate and I tried to lay out for discs onto it, but I just ended up gashing my leg open cause of something in the grass at the bottom. totally worth it though.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM

I played Ultimate with WPI's team for 4 years, and was co-captain during my junior and senior years. Now play in the Boston area a few times a a week and play on a BUDA club team, since I graduated from college last year.

PM me if you play Ultimate in Boston.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 PM

I played for UCLA for four seasons, 2002-2006. I also played summers in LA that whole time, and just finished this last summer season.

A tall guy who sucks is going to get owned by a short fast guy with good timing and positioning. I agree with whoever said that speed mismatches are usually more dangerous. The fast guy can get open short or deep, and can often get the disc with enough space to throw a big break or huck.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I got my first callahan and my first greatest (thrown for a score, no less) this year, so i'm pretty happy about those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. Pulling off the Greatest is the best feeling. Did it sophomore year against William & Mary in Annapolis.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:00 PM

They call it that b/c "frisbee" is trademarked
Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I got my first callahan and my first greatest (thrown for a score, no less) this year, so i'm pretty happy about those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats. Pulling off the Greatest is the best feeling. Did it sophomore year against William & Mary in Annapolis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat disagree. I almost had the Callahan at universe point in game to go to nationals a few years back. By which I mean I had the Callahan and the dude made an AWFUL strip call on me. We scored the point anyway, but still.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM

Just finished my first school practice. Feels great to get back out there. Does anyone else here play in the mid-atlantic area?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 PM

He ran by later that point and said he lost it in the lights..it's probably a lot different with the lights