Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM

Default ? how opponent played Queens

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $94.50
BB: $173.20
UTG: $100.00
MP: $76.75
CO: $58.60
BTN: $91.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $1.00, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $14.00</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $54.00</font>, BB calls $40.00

Flop: ($109) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets all-in for $40.50</font>, BB calls $40.50

Turn: ($190) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($190) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $190.00 ($3 Rake)

BB had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and LOST (-$94.50)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and WON (+$92.50)

My image is semi-lag and villain is typical weak player who struggles to get away from big hands and bets poorly. I am showing the results because I have 2 questions.

First, my read was that he had a big pair because of the small re-raise and I would have been put all-in by aces pre-flop. Therefore, I was %99.9 sure he has queens. That is why I pushed on flop and I was also pot committed. I want to know if my my 3-bet amount was correct or if I should have just gone all-in since I would be committed on flop.

Second question, what should my opponent do to my 3-bet. I have a semi-lag (VPIP 24%, pre-flop raise 17%) although he probably is not paying attention. His small 3-bet is awful, but what would you do to a large 4-bet likes this pre-flop from a typical semi-lag player?
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: ? how opponent played Queens

wait you put him on QQ and shoved an Ahi board? Why not check and hope he bluffs at it.

Anyway you are asking why people play poker bad, who cares just take their money.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:46 PM

I just want to know what would you do with queens to large 4-bet pre-flop. Also wanted to know if my raise pre-flop was appropiate or if I should just overbet all-in.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:53 PM

if you 99.9% sure he has QQ then i don't understand ur flop bet

if i had queens there i prob would have 3b more and would have either pushed or folded to ur 4b depending on my read on u