Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2006, 02:32 AM

Default Stars $60 Turbos HU Strategy

Hey guys. I usually post on another forum but unfortunately there is a lack of information on the stakes I play. I just opened an account here after browsing for a while. My screenname on Stars is lambchopdc, I'm sure some of you recognize me from the $60 turbos on Stars. Well, i'm nearing my 1000th SNG at this level and looking back at my stats i'm noticing a huge leak over the past 400. Over the 1st half, my ITM placements were on a 3:2:1 ratio (1sts,2nds,3rds) and over the second half i'm getting about a 1:2:3 ratio which is absolutely destroying my ROI. I've tried searching through the site but I was wondering if anyone could link me to any good posts regarding 3-handed and HU plays on the Stars Turbos. I already have and use SNG Power Tools and my leaks aren't in the all-in preflop hands. I'm losing the most in hands where push/fold isn't an option and i'm hoping someone can guide me to some good information on this. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Stars $60 Turbos HU Strategy

First thing to note is that a 3:2:1 ratio is insane and you shouldn't expect that to continue. Obviously a 1:2:3 ratio isn't so great, but overall your ROI is probably still pretty healthy as long as your ITM is > 36% or so.

Your best best is to post some hands you have questions about and see what people think, no one can give you some magic formula for ITM play.

Anyway, Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:44 AM

Thank you, I know the 3:2:1 ratio is too much to ask for, and i'm not looking for a magic strategy or anything. I was just wondering if anyone had written any general essays on the subject specifically relating to the stack/blind ratios in the turbos. Oh, and my overall ROI at the moment is around 8-9% and over the last 400 its negative. So even with a 36%+ ITM...i'm still losing, thats the frustrating part.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 AM

Yeah, when I refered to the 36% ITM mark I was thinking overall not just for the 1:2:3 stretch.

As for strategy, you aren't really going to find a lot since so much of the strategy here is party related and its so rare to not be in push-bot mode when you get ITM on party. So like I said before your best bet is to just post some HHs and see what people think.