Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: $100/nl TT vs LAG

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not afraid of the Ace, I just see no value in betting this flop. Basically by betting I'm hoping he has 2 clubs or that he can't fold 88. Villian is agressive and will bet and by check calling I pick off his bluffs. The combo of A&K on the river convince me I'm loosing so I fold.

Why should I bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet the flop to represent either the Ace or better and force him to fold, call, or play back at you.

If you just check, then he can lead the turn and river and push you off your tens fairly easily. I think you lost the extra $7 on the turn unnecessarily since you would have won the pot very often on the flop.

My point is that on this flop, you probabably have the best hand even though you don't have the ace. But the ace will scare you if he starts betting on the turn (which he will if you check). So bet and take down the pot. Or bet, and give up if he plays back because you're probably beaten.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You bet the flop to represent either the Ace or better and force him to fold, call, or play back at you.

If you just check, then he can lead the turn and river and push you off your tens fairly easily. I think you lost the extra $7 on the turn unnecessarily since you would have won the pot very often on the flop.

My point is that on this flop, you probabably have the best hand even though you don't have the ace. But the ace will scare you if he starts betting on the turn (which he will if you check). So bet and take down the pot. Or bet, and give up if he plays back because you're probably beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making my point for me! I can bluff him off his hand on the flop otherwise he’s going to bluff me on the turn and I’m going to fold. I already stated that I wasn’t afraid of the Ace and I wasn’t folding. I guess then my mistake was folding to the king on the river. I just had that feeling that I wasn’t winning and I cut my losses.

I honestly can’t see how I’m way off base here. This defiantly isn’t my standard line here, but I can’t see how this is a bad line against an aggressive opponent w/ donator stats.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are making my point for me! I can bluff him off his hand on the flop otherwise he’s going to bluff me on the turn and I’m going to fold. I already stated that I wasn’t afraid of the Ace and I wasn’t folding. I guess then my mistake was folding to the king on the river. I just had that feeling that I wasn’t winning and I cut my losses.

I honestly can’t see how I’m way off base here. This defiantly isn’t my standard line here, but I can’t see how this is a bad line against an aggressive opponent w/ donator stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you're saying here. However, I think a big problem lies in excatly what happened, There are 12 cards in the deck that will leave you wondering where in the world you are. Also, why give him a free chance to draw out on you?
Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM

Been my experience that a 45/25 is going to fold to a CB bet less than about 50% of the time, I think the goal should be to keep the pot small especially with that ace out there.

Nevermind: We 3 bet preflop with TT, I don't like that. I tried this a few days ago against a lagtard playing 45/25 when I held KQ. I flopped 2nd pair and Reraised him all in after he bet the flop. He flipped over AT and took down a nice pot. I tried to take advantage of the fact that he was raising 25% of the time by playing a medium strength hand and it burned me.

I don't think your calling down line is a very good one after you 3bet preflop, you need to b/fold that flop or you are going to get pushed off a ton of hands by an aggro donkey like this guy.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Against a LAG that is aggressive postflop, and no other reads about folding to cbets, I'd call with TT and use his aggression against him on the flop and turn to build a big pot if I spike a set. Great implied odds with PP+position vs. PFraising LAG.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Bet $18 on the flop. As played, rest of the hand seems OK.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:51 PM

I guess I was going into the great unknown. I submit, bet the flop.

Thanks all for the input!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 PM

I think you are confusing the Way Ahead Way Behind concept of check calling an aggro opponent. This is NOT a good play vs an aggro opponent with TT.

A,K,Q,J & Any Club are all scare cards. Hell with such a lag fish with 45VPIP he could even be getting a free draw to a wheel.