Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Default First Vegas trip - need advice

I tried the search function with no luck.

I will be in Vegas for a long weekend in October. I play small stakes, mostly 1-2 NL and small buy-in tournaments.

What are the best rooms for small cash games (number of table running, quality dealers, soft competition, nice room, etc.) What stakes does Vegas spread?

I found LasVegasMichaels the tounament link and that seems to answer my question on where to play tournaments.

Also, I am planning on a $2k bankroll. Is this enough to play well (not scared) for a marathon weekend of small stakes poker?

I play in Atlantic City. How different is the play in Vegas versus AC? More or less aggresive, passive, etc.

Bacially if anyone can guide me on what to expect and where to play to enjoy my weekend I would appreciate it!
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: First Vegas trip - need advice

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try harder. Instructions how to use the search is in the sticky at the top of the forum. This topic has been asked too many times already this week, please use one of the active threads.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try harder. Instructions how to use the search is in the sticky at the top of the forum. This topic has been asked too many times already this week, please use one of the active threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come now TT, things change a lot in Vegas. Here's a few questions that I could try to answer:

[ QUOTE ]
What are the best rooms for small cash games (number of table running, quality dealers, soft competition, nice room, etc.) What stakes does Vegas spread?

[/ QUOTE ]

10/20NL and 30/60 limit are the lowest games now.

[ QUOTE ]
I play in Atlantic City. How different is the play in Vegas versus AC? More or less aggresive, passive, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
These are the most insanely aggressive games you'll ever see. Most limit games are capped most every round, and the NL games you are going to have to gamble for your stack pre-flop most every hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Bacially if anyone can guide me on what to expect and where to play to enjoy my weekend I would appreciate it!

[/ QUOTE ]
results below:

<font color="white"> Everything I said above was in jest. I'm with TT on this one, these questions are asked every week, and the answers aren't going to change. Search harder and use the sticky at the top with details on how to use the search to your advantage.</font>
Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 PM

"Also, I am planning on a $2k bankroll. Is this enough to play well (not scared) for a marathon weekend of small stakes poker?"

If not, please tell us where you decide to play.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:53 PM

Also, make sure to tip Dave the front podium floor guy at the Bellagio a bunch of money .... He'll likely forget who you are within 2 minutes, but try tipping him again. You won't get anything for it, so you can claim him as a dependent or as a charitable deduction on your 2007 taxes.

Play at the Bellagio if what you want is a poker weekend.

If you are looking for a more varied time, try some clubs ... for $2,000, you should be able to enjoy yourself.
I also think the Magician and Rocks and Rings have lowered their asking price a bit if you want an Entourage.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, such nice freindly responses!

Searched -re: + vegas cash games
Results = all keywords were too short.

Results the same no matter what words I try.

What else can I do?

Thanks for the tech support
Old 08-25-2007, 11:23 PM

+Vegas +NL -Re

Search Brick and Mortar, 1 year.
Read and enjoy

Done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

and Done! Thanks!!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, make sure to tip Dave the front podium floor guy at the Bellagio a bunch of money .... He'll likely forget who you are within 2 minutes, but try tipping him again. You won't get anything for it, so you can claim him as a dependent or as a charitable deduction on your 2007 taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave that guy 5 bucks 2 years ago and have been regretting it ever since. He is LITERALLY the worst floor person in the universe. I wonder if we could start a petition to get him fired or something.

Well maybe not fired but relocated to another MGM property perhaps. I hear the Monte Carlo has an excellent poker room.

-Jerry
Old 08-27-2007, 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[Wow, such nice freindly responses!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's typical...