Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: ***August LC Thread*** - OMG I have this great amazing story...

[ QUOTE ]
are the hu games on ps just as soft as ftp?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i dont have any money there so i havent played above 3/6 to compare, but the games seem decent, probably not as good. it's difficult to find the games in the lobby if you don't know they exist, so i think there are less donks in general.

i also find that PS seems to have more of a dick-waving atmosphere than FTP and there are a lot of moron TAGs who just line up and 3bet each other a bunch. so you always have tags trying to sit with you, and the HU tables are 'fast tables' so you are essentially always autoposting, which is annoying.

that being said, I will probably keep like 1 out of my 5 tables as PS just because there are still enough bad players and i don't really like the appearance of being too 'sharky' and sitting w/ a bunch of buyins on a ton of HU tables on ftp so i think it's good just to diversify and get more action that way.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 AM

lol i like the "dick waving atmosphere" comment, so true. There aren't nearly as many hu games running though right?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:49 AM

stars only runs 10 HU games max at each buyin for some reason.

i never played on FTP so i can't really compare, but i am crushing stars 1/2 HU over the 13k hands i've played of it. only 13k because i also play 6max and HU has only been around for august.

there are plenty of fish who buyin for the default $120, and there are also plenty of 6max players who are easy to exploit. there are a handful of players who i won't sit vs. though.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:56 AM

jakedude,

my current bankroll is 16k now. I have put myself the goal that I will move up as fast as I get 25k in roll. I will not withdraw anymore in the following month.

I think im ready for it, but I wonder if I should play some 6max on 2 4 first... the highest i have played in 6max is 0.5 1.0, so its just that im not used to have such a big stack at the table.

iv heard that 2 4 hu is compairable with 5 10 in 6max. is this correct ?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 AM

do any of u HU-ers make any moniez betting on the NFL or other sports? I'm a lifetime loser at sports betting (~4K lost) but still love it and want to get back into the hustle this season. Of course, I won't be able to watch the Colts as closely but I'm sure I'll make some money betting against the niners and raiders out here.

If you do bet, where do you place your wagers? I know there are like 5-6 online books that let americans bet but i think line shopping should be harder now.

Indy
Old 08-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Well, I have a friend who works as an online bookie, and share an account with him. I put in a bit over $300 this last summer I think, and we share the winnings 50/50. So far we are up around 2k. I have no clue about the stuff we bet on, but just do as I am told. We have put in bets at soccer in Kuwait and stuff. He gets a lot of good tips from bookie-forums. I would never bet on sports if I didn't get the tips from him though.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To CWAR and others who left messages of support in my coming out thread, thankyou very much it is very much appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though this is an internet forum, I think you're pretty brave to put that thread up in bbv4l. If nothing else, it showed who's a total ignorant [censored] bigot and who actually has some decency. I'm pretty sure "good luck" (except with your dad) is not what you're looking for, but I do hope coming out has made you feel freer and brought you some sort of inner peace.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I have a friend who works as an online bookie, and share an account with him. I put in a bit over $300 this last summer I think, and we share the winnings 50/50. So far we are up around 2k. I have no clue about the stuff we bet on, but just do as I am told. We have put in bets at soccer in Kuwait and stuff. He gets a lot of good tips from bookie-forums. I would never bet on sports if I didn't get the tips from him though.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, well i know that The Camel is a bettor and that he used to be a linesman for bluesq.com

Maybe he will be kind enough to share some tips?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:18 PM

can i pleeeease just one time win these???

Starting game 1995818595.

Hallaisen is at seat 0 with $205.40.
cima-ryo- is at seat 1 with $238.

The dealer is seat 0.

Hallaisen posts a blind of $1.
cima-ryo- posts a blind of $2.

(Hallaisen is dealt As Jd.)

Pre-flop:
Hallaisen raises $4.
cima-ryo- raises $12.
Hallaisen raises $36.
cima-ryo- goes all-in for $220.
Hallaisen goes all-in for $151.40.
$32.60 is pushed back to cima-ryo-.

Showdown:

Ac 7c

As Jd

The flop comes
9h 7h 7d.
The turn comes 8d.
The river comes Jh.

cima-ryo- shows: Ac 7c
7h 7d 7c Ac Jh
Three Sevens

Hallaisen shows: As Jd
Jh Jd 7h 7d As
Two Pair, Jacks and Sevens

cima-ryo- wins pot ($409.80).
Old 08-27-2007, 02:52 PM

ok well what about calling lots of their minraises out of position to see lots of flops? this seems to not work as i never hit a hand on the flop to go with.
Closed Thread