Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: SnG Icons: should I subscribe?

[ QUOTE ]
but for someone grinding away at the 22s with a 1K bankroll it's a hefty chunk if you don't feel properly compensated [ QUOTE ]

They may learn br management though, and move down stakes as they should.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM

I definitely got a lot out of the subscription but that was before even knowing about ICM, I got the videos instead of an ICM program. Just watching them play and seeing the 'no brainer' moments they would easily shove or fold when I would have had trouble helped me a lot. But I still am at beginner status here, I've heard from some players it's not as useful once you're already familiar with the intermediate SNG concepts.

I agree with braminc that they could use some dull moments to talk about hypothetical situations. They probably have the ranges in their mind of exactly how much to push or fold in each spot and I sometimes wonder where the line is.

The video-long mom phone call, actually watching Joe surf for a new bed online while playing and z32s random stories are kind of off topic but also funny. Also, if I met a high stakes player who would let me watch their matches and hole cards like this for a minimal fee I wouldn't start complaining about them not going into enough detail or cracking jokes.

If I can make notes and get some insight on their thought process, it's worth the cost of a night out for over 50 hours of commentary. 150 bucks, man if you get 4 more 1st place finishes at the 11s than you normally would it pays for it.

For "visual learners" the site is great. It's easy to read something in a book or 2+2 but seeing people put ideas in practice, and maybe even lose but explain why it's long term +ev is helpful. I can think of enough tips I've read in books and on here that I didn't really start using until seeing them in practice.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Read the post entitled "No videos in ten days: disappointing site" in the Video Discussion section of the <font color="blue"> forum</font> if you want to get a flavour. The thread was started in July but the most recent reply was Aug 21st, so it appears that some subscribers are still not happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were very slow in getting up videos during WSOP, just because there are only 3 of us making videos on a regular basis. That said, we made them all up to continue on our pace of three new videos per week. We then put up about 10 videos in advance, just because we thought people would prefer to have them released early, which is why we haven't put up new ones in a couple weeks.

We plan on continuing our pace of 3 new videos per week. As of right now we've put up 40 videos since May 1st, which is almost exactly 3 per week. As for the MTT videos, we thought people would enjoy the change of pace, also FJ and I had a couple nice scores in MTTs we thought people would enjoy seeing the HHs from. (Also whenever FJ makes an MTT video I get way better, which is nice [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) We'll probably concentrate more on SNG videos in the coming months, just because people have been clamoring for them.

Anyway, I suggest you join some training site, just because I think any of them can help. I'm a member of a couple and they have all paid for themselves many times over.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:58 PM

A good coach is worth way more than any website will teach you.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A bad coach is worse than any website; worse than doing nothing even. AMT is really good too.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A good coach is a lot more expensive.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:41 PM

If you had to decide which to spend $150 on, what would you choose?

1) 1 hr with a good coach.
2) 6 months of a sng icon subscription.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:46 PM

honestly this thread should have been locked a long time ago. there's a thread dedicated to software and website reviews. if you want to continue this discussion take it there.
Closed Thread