Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August PT 2**

Giggle, there are no std and optimal figures.

Some of the famous Party 2000NL players of yesteryear ran standard deviations of +90. This was due to the fact that they play very aggro 3betting pf practically every hand .. hehe.

But variance depends on your winrate and your STD, so playing a loose aggressive game can lead to a high STD, but at the same time if you are crushing the games, it can still be a smooth ride.

But it all depends on how loose and how aggro you are, so holla ... if you are happy with your winrate, then don't fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. Absolutely serious. Those who play autoclickaments on 24 tables and still think they play poker are just kiding themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ... call it what you like, ssdex, jonyy (RIP) etc run an hourly of 50$ at 50NL ... and I can't complain about my own hourly at 100NL either, so if that is not poker, we don't mind (well I can't speak for ssdex and jonyy etc, but hell, I have no issues with my concience when I just nit up 8 tables of 100NL and play a game that essentially just feeds on other peoples mistakes. Once in a while a 2+2er will try to run me over, but holla ... I can focus on one player, especially if he sits on four of my tables)

[/ QUOTE ]

damn nice job, my lifetime hourly rate is 41$ at 100NL [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

with a 3.46 MT ratio. I need to buy a monitor to go with this stupid laptop 1440x900

oh and first time and prolly last time I look at it but by std dev over 70K hands of 100NL is 41
Old 08-26-2007, 02:16 PM

im seriously starting to doubt my game after the last 8 sessions or so. i feel like a ton of the hands that i've lost are coolers but after the session i just had, im not so sure anymore. i doubled a shortstack up like 5 times because he kept hitting any little bit. i finally get TPTK and give him another stack cause he called a 3bet with KQ, flops the K, turns the Q.

that or i need to give the bird to stars and move somewhere else. i'm down $43 over 5 sessions at 5NL. how the f__k does that happen?
Old 08-26-2007, 02:18 PM

Don't sweat it yet, I lost $78 in 6500 hands at same stakes only buying in for $6 last month. Still haven't recovered either.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

damn nice job, my lifetime hourly rate is 41$ at 100NL [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so is that supposed to be a bad winrate .. hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yeah, I'm thinking of a new or second monitor as well, this 1600x1200 Samsung 204b feel more and more cramped lately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AP was kind90 enough to give me $10 free, what the heck am I supposed to do? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Win first hand of blackjack for $10 and grind it up from there.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't sweat it yet, I lost $78 in 6500 hands at same stakes only buying in for $6 last month. Still haven't recovered either.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've moved to 10NL to try and recoup my losses for now. problem is that i planned on moving up once i cleared $150 at 5NL and this second im back at $89 so i've still got another month of that turd limit. that thought makes me want to hang myself.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I win this one. NL2-NL10 over 70k hands PTBB 7.67 my std dev is 65.9

[/ QUOTE ]I don't have my db on this cpu and won't have it for a few more days and only 22k hands but my PTBB was 5ish and std dev 88ish. lol.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. Absolutely serious. Those who play autoclickaments on 24 tables and still think they play poker are just kiding themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well ... call it what you like, ssdex, jonyy (RIP) etc run an hourly of 50$ at 50NL ... and I can't complain about my own hourly at 100NL either, so if that is not poker, we don't mind (well I can't speak for ssdex and jonyy etc, but hell, I have no issues with my concience when I just nit up 8 tables of 100NL and play a game that essentially just feeds on other peoples mistakes. Once in a while a 2+2er will try to run me over, but holla ... I can focus on one player, especially if he sits on four of my tables)

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can play 8 tables and have the BR to sustain it, your probably much better off simply cutting off on a few tables and moving up in levels. WR may suffer in a short term, but thats about it unless you plan to stay at 100NL.

And seriously, I see very little problem with making $50 an hour 4 tabling 50NL if you factor in r/b and table select well.

And run not too terrible [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, so is that supposed to be a bad winrate .. hehe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

But yeah, I'm thinking of a new or second monitor as well, this 1600x1200 Samsung 204b feel more and more cramped lately [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have dreams of having a 100$/hour at 200NL with a good monitor [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Closed Thread