Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 01:53 PM

Default AK deep and oop - 2/4nl

Villain is 20.8/18.8/4 over 202 hands no other specific reads at this point

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

MP ($394)
CO ($762.90)
Button ($139.40)
SB ($522.90)
Hero ($1016.90)
UTG ($405.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $47</font>, CO calls $33.

Flop: ($96) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, CO calls $80.

Turn: ($256) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: AK deep and oop - 2/4nl

Well, either c/f, or bet $200 with a plan to put villain all-in on any river if the turn bet gets called. Of course, you'd fold to any raise on the turn if you bet it.

I think betting $200 or so on the turn with a plan to c/f the river if you don't improve is just spew.

Decide if you want to fire 3 barrels now, and fire barrel #2 if you think you will have good fold equity firing barrel #3 on any river. Otherwise, just c/f the turn.

So, I don't think c/f on the turn is terrible, especially since any big bet will leave villain with less than one pot-sized bet on the river. c/f is probably how I'd play, but I'm not a succesful short-handed NL player, either. My reasoning would be the following. You're OOP. You are not yet pot-committed, but another big bet pretty much commits you OOP to another big bet on the river. Your pf rr and cb didn't work. You might very well be quite a bit behind any number of hands in his range. And you have very little in the way of a read on what kinds of hands he floats cbs with, and whether he is the type to float/steal with draws and/or with air very often. You only have ace-high. You have only 6 outs to top pair, many of which might complete 2-pairs or flushes or straights for villain. And you have 4 outs to a straight, one of which might complete a flush for villain. Seems like the reverse implied odds are working against you unless you think you have a lot of fold equity on either the turn or the river.

That being said, if you think you have decent fold equity vs his range on the turn and/or river, then I like b/f on the turn for $200 with the plan to push any river card. Villain might be floating with any number of hands that he'll give up with if you make a strong 2nd barrel. And he might have been drawing or calling down weak on the flop and turn that might fold to a decent river bet, especially if the flush comes and he doesn't have it.

If villain will pot the turn with virtually any two cards trying to steal, then CRAI on the turn might be an interesting option. You would maximize any fold equity you have plus you'd have 3-non heart outs to a straight. Nevertheless, I think the CRAI line on the turn seems like a lot of unnecessary risk without some kind of very specific read on villain's propensity to float steal very light and very often.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:22 PM

C/F or 3 barrel, you decide
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C/F or 3 barrel, you decide

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think is the best line of the two? Or simply something like 70% c/f and 30% keep firing?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:53 PM

c/f
Old 08-26-2007, 09:20 PM

I much prefer check/folding. I don't see you ever muscling hands out that call this flop. the k10 type draws and flush draws push...the rest put you on AK and don't fold.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I much prefer check/folding. I don't see you ever muscling hands out that call this flop. the k10 type draws and flush draws push...the rest put you on AK and don't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

op - you might want to do the opposite
Old 08-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Are you laggy enough to repop 9T preflop here with any regularity here at all?

I'm kind of a fan of firing 2 more shells here.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:43 PM

I think the deeper you are here, the better 3 barreling is.