Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: A request...

What's the point in banning him? He'll just continue posting under other names, no one is going to help him under this one. I'm not saying there are drawbacks to banning but I don't see the point of it.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the point in banning him? He'll just continue posting under other names, no one is going to help him under this one. I'm not saying there are drawbacks to banning but I don't see the point of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

cant his whole IP be banned?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cant his whole IP be banned?

[/ QUOTE ]

Proxies.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:51 PM

AFAIK, green mods can't ban by IP (I might be wrong though).
Old 01-02-2006, 04:52 PM

I had no opinion until this thread

You come off pretty bad here busterstacks

Lame

Sublime did it right
Old 01-02-2006, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a perfect example of an account that should be banned because he obviously won't be using it for anything other than starting [censored]. If he wanted to post any strategy/content, he'll use the alias(es) instead.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cnfuzzd,

What you are saying is false. I challenge you to show me one person who was not paid for the month before the split. If I had my way, obviously the split would have never happened, but for you to say that I was anything less than professional before then is completely false, as anyone who has done business with me can attest to.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry. you are right. It was the two weeks leading up to the party split. Thats what we didnt get paid for. Note, i was still playing on empire after the split.

Also, fwiw, im not arguing about the justifications of your actions. Clearly, all people who arent [censored] retards understand that you are in the wrong. Im just asking that everyone continue to point that out as often as possible. Kind of like giving karma a little heads up.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

did buster did get paid for the 2 weeks leading up to the party split, from the sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

A good businessman would pay regardless. Other affiliates lost their income from generated MGR around the time of the split but still paid their customers. For some of the larger affiliates, this hurt them badly.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the affiliate business works on the assumption that whatever rakeback is generated by a player will be split along predetermined lines by the affiliate and the player. Several players reported not being paid by buster for the month BEFORE the party split. In fact, when that thread was going down, i was in fact still playing on the account i had through buster. Regardless of how buster may have felt about players no longer generating rake for him by switiching to party, he had entered into an agreement to divide the money generated. For me, that was around a thousand dollar loss.

I agree, there was no contract, but its still a pretty dick move.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

wait a minute...are you saying that, for example, Buster was your affiliate through the month of October...you played at Empire, he got paid for your account that month. Now, in November, you bail on Buster...and he withheld the rakebake you earned in October because you left???

Is this correct?

If this is true, Buster is a true scumbag.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:06 PM

no, incorrect. October was paid in full. Within 1 hour of my being paid.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:23 PM

who actually didn't get paid by busterstacks? if what he is saying is true, that halfway through the month all of his players left their accounts on his affiliate to play somewhere else which meant busters affiliate acct wasnt bringing in enough MGR to get paid X%, and he made it clear that if everyone stuck it out and kept playing they would get paid, and he actually paid those people, he's not really in the wrong.

if i was an affiliate and party ended rakeback and didnt pay me for a certain month, and everyone asked to be paid for the month, i would not pay them out of my own pocket and the idea that an affiliate should is dumb. that situation is not the same as busterstacks and i dont even know the exact details of it so don't listen to my account as gospel, but i havent seen anyone provehe [censored] tons of people over, other than the multitude of people calling him a "slimy worthless douchebag".