Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 AM

Default Re: Two flops - right ruling?

[ QUOTE ]

If you had read his entire post, he said that the turn should be redealt and then the deck reshuffled. The table wouldn't have knowledge of the coming river card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they potentially do. Now they know multiple burn cards. More than the 1 card allowed exposed to the table is out there. Doesn't work this way. The procedure for any irregularities with flops is to re-shuffle and deal the flop, or as I said, whatever the best interest of the game at the time is also the best solution.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:24 AM

We don't disagree often, Photoc, but we do this time.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:30 AM

Is forcing a chopped pot ever a good ruling? Aside from those rare cases where stuff is good and truly [censored] up. Seems like its a cop-out thats screwing one player.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is forcing a chopped pot ever a good ruling? Aside from those rare cases where stuff is good and truly [censored] up. Seems like its a cop-out thats screwing one player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forcing a chop is never right, but I have seen many floormen ask the players if they want to chop. I once worked with a floorman that would always ask the players if they wanted to chop before ruling.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:25 AM

Don't know if it matters, but the dealer still had the cards only semi-fanned so the real turn card was easily discernible.

Also a semi-interesting note - had the hand played out, a 9 comes on the turn and river, filling up J9, who flopped top pair (and also 55, who flopped bottom set). This would have been a big action pot. Not that it matters as to the decision.