Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Serious Question Why can I beat 1 lvl but not the other?

Flop AF seems fine to me. I'd sooner say river AF is too low.

Your PFR seems a bit low. Also, your W$SF is low, this could be running bad, or it could be folding too much. But your WSD% is also a bit low. Maybe you fold too much? I don't know, it's hard to say from stats these days. I think if you run ok, these numbers should be somewhere near: W$SF/WSD%/W$SD = 40% / 35% / 55%. [that was wrong, sorry]
Other than that, I think you were just running a little hot at $.5/1 and running a bit cold at $1/2.

Can anyone explain me why I keep winning at $3/6 fullring, but losing at $2/4? ...
Old 08-24-2007, 07:07 AM

uh I've played 3-6 and 2-4 FR and the 3 is like unbelievably softer than the two.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 PM

I don't know but I probably wouldn't critique threads that say "75-150 hand, do I fold turn?" if I did.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 PM

You're flop aggression value seems too high, and your river aggression value seems too low. It makes it seem like you either bet or raise the flop no matter what, when you are in the pot, but you are much more likely to miss value bets on the river.

Maybe this works at the lower limit, but not quite as well at the upper limit.

I think that you might be continuation betting a little too often with hands like unimproved AK or a pocket pair with two overcards. With an extra player in the pot, you might not be making as big a mistake at .50 as you would be making at 1.00.

Either way, I think you should post some continuation betting hands, and see if people think you are out of line. The other possibility, is that you are folding too often on the flop. Say you have KTs and the flop comes J86 with one of your suit, do you fold to one bet on the flop? In that case, your overcard and backdoor draws, give you almost six effective outs, and if the pot was raised preflop, you probably want to play for one bet if that is an option.

The other thing to notice, is that you paid less in rake, than you lost, so you aren't too far from being a winning player at 1-2.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop AF seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm a borderline nit but 3 seems pretty overboard for 17 VPIP.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop AF seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm a borderline nit but 3 seems pretty overboard for 17 VPIP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm you'll probably hate this then:

Perhaps I'd do better if I'd be a bit more passive...though imho 0.9 is quite reasonable with the current tough games.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:21 PM

JTH, not to burst your 0.5/1 bubble but whilst 1.5BB/100 is a v good winrate I dont consider it to be totally crushing that limit. From what ive seen of you, you seem to make the standard plays. I dont think ive seen you be that tricky very often which leads to predicability. Im not saying this is bad against most (bad) players but the better players pick up on predictablity and can make plays against ya. I suspect (with W2SD at 30) that you fold to turn/river aggression just a little too much...of course, be careful..its a slippery slope and you dont wnat your W2SD to skyrocket or else youll be spewing chippies.

Whilst you are aggro on the flop you slow down on the turn and especially the river...look at your river aggro...you are likely missing value bets bro. Also you dont raise enough preflop. Seems to me you raise as per SSHE then some but not too much more.

How many tables do you play....if I recall correctly you play alot of tables and thats gunna hurt your winrates.

oh and 1/2 isnt nice to me either lol

ps why dont you post in the micros given that you play playing micro limits (below 2/4)?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 PM

With a win @ sd of 56 I'd say the problem is far more likely to be not value betting enough rather than folding too much.