Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Sketchy Internet \"pharmacies\"

kyle,

Which pharmacy and how did you pick it?

If you had a prescription, then I assume you did this just for price.

If you DIDN'T have a prescription:

Do you have insurance with a prescription plan? If so, why did you not go to a doctor and get a prescription and then get it covered by insurance? Was it still cheaper this way?

Last time I got a prescription, it was for hydrocodone after my wisdom teeth, and I just got it at Walgreen's or something. Hopefully I won't need a prescription anytime soon, but if I do, I'm wondering if it makes sense to be looking into this online stuff at all. I'm probably too scared to do it, though, even w/ legit looking packs I think I'd be too worried about fake stuff.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:00 PM

ElD,

I can't reveal the name of the pharmacy inline, but I can PM it to you if you are interested. I found it by a referral from a popular and reliable forum dedicated to ordering medication online.

I did not have a prescription at the time - filling the script is damn near impossible, costs a ton, and they might make me stay overnight in a sleep lab to study me before prescribing it.

I don't have comprehensive insurance (high deductible plan + HSA). The place I use is legitimate, but like NT! said, ordering it and receiving it is really, really sketchy. You get used to huge white envelopes from Turkey stuffed with paper coming every third week when you're paying 15% of the drug's cost and not going to the doctor, though.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:20 PM

Hmm, I'm curious about this. I've ordered Tramadol from one of these places before (mild painkiller) but it wasn't nearly as sketchy as described. It's probably not nearly as heavily scheduled as hydrocodone, adderall, and the like, none of which the place I used sold.

However, if anyone knows a reliable way to get the good stuff, PM me! My adderall prescription is almost out...
Old 08-25-2007, 04:22 PM

I have ordered online in the past, came from a place in Canada IIRC. Have it saved somewhere. Was very professional, considering everything.

Filled out a medical sheet online, answered a bunch of questions and that was it. Got meds about 3 days later.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kyle,

Which pharmacy and how did you pick it?

If you had a prescription, then I assume you did this just for price.

If you DIDN'T have a prescription:

Do you have insurance with a prescription plan? If so, why did you not go to a doctor and get a prescription and then get it covered by insurance? Was it still cheaper this way?

Last time I got a prescription, it was for hydrocodone after my wisdom teeth, and I just got it at Walgreen's or something. Hopefully I won't need a prescription anytime soon, but if I do, I'm wondering if it makes sense to be looking into this online stuff at all. I'm probably too scared to do it, though, even w/ legit looking packs I think I'd be too worried about fake stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will not find an oversea's pharmacy offering hydrocodone. It would be rare for a pharm to send 'fake stuff', there are some that will send 'no stuff' and keep your money though. But there are also ways to learn which places to avoid and which are legit. business is business.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:53 PM

Mods,

Please change bkholdem's title to
"business is business"