Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Simple question - open limping in pf with super calling station?

I can't believe you need a discussion on how to beat 90 vpip guys
Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you need a discussion on how to beat 90 vpip guys

[/ QUOTE ]

lol agreed, obviously open limp is ok here. Family pot flop a monster, get paid. Simple. Why the hell would you isolate him. Raise your normal raising hands, limp other trash to bust him.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm guessing you play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

what????

just listen to me.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:10 PM

you said:

[ QUOTE ]

In the case that everyone at the table plays badly, I would limp. THis scenario is common in most 2-4 Games or below in which everyone seems to go broke with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
in reality: most 2/4 games online are more like 3 mediocre but solid TAGs, 1 strong 9+ tabling big winner, one semifish small loser who doesn't stack off light but slowly dribbles away money limping or calling flops and folding turns, and maybe one genuine drooler. i dont know where you are getting the idea that everyone at 400 is an outright moron and will limp in play a family pot and stack off like crazy. much more likely is that drooler limps, you limp, and cutoff or button makes it 7BB to go...

yes 400NL is quite easy to beat, but you can't just limp in and stack random non droolers at the table in unraised non cooler hands, unless you are talking about live poker. it is really much more of a race to get the drooler's money, and then back to exploiting a couple of spots here and there vs everyone else.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you said:

[ QUOTE ]

In the case that everyone at the table plays badly, I would limp. THis scenario is common in most 2-4 Games or below in which everyone seems to go broke with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
in reality: most 2/4 games online are more like 3 mediocre but solid TAGs, 1 strong 9+ tabling big winner, one semifish small loser who doesn't stack off light but slowly dribbles away money limping or calling flops and folding turns, and maybe one genuine drooler. i dont know where you are getting the idea that everyone at 400 is an outright moron and will limp in play a family pot and stack off like crazy. much more likely is that drooler limps, you limp, and cutoff or button makes it 7BB to go...

yes 400NL is quite easy to beat, but you can't just limp in and stack random non droolers at the table in unraised non cooler hands, unless you are talking about live poker. it is really much more of a race to get the drooler's money, and then back to exploiting a couple of spots here and there vs everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, nl400 online satisfies the fish requirements.

fine, I withdraw my comment, and I will replace with "in a table full of fishies", one should be more inclined to limp with those mentionned hands.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All you guys who insist that raising MUST be correct with any hand that you want to play

What if villain is directly to your left and you're in EP? Is it still correct?

What if villain is in the blinds and you have some trashy offsuit connector/weak suited K/etc OTB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Im playing 400NL atm and even if the fish is directly to my left, I will raise he will call and everyone else will fold. It seems even the 'good' regs where I play don't understand the whole isolation process. Obv I'm assuming the fish is deep too. My range tightens up a lot if the fish is short, regardless of position but i'm sure you know that. The deeper the effective stacks are vs the fish, the wider m range gets, even if hes directly on my left.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:59 PM

/agree

if you both limp, generic tags will put in a big raise with a wide range, but if you iso-raise they will usually just keep folding and letting you get HU.

obviously a good player won't, but generic multitabling regulars don't adjust anywhere near as much as they should, and i find this even at 10/20. i often chase fish onto 2KNL and i run at 31/27 lifetime there because i only play when there's a whale and the table usually lets me isolate him over and over.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But generally speaking why should one not raise PF on a big hand vs calling station

[/ QUOTE ]

Summary:

- This is not about TT+/AT+/KJ+ type hands

- This is about stuff that hits far less frequently. Specifically suited stuff and low pairs (AXs/sc's/ssc's/22-77).

- These are actually better in multi-way pots cuz they hit a moster but far less frequently.

- This is not your standard fish. This is a guy who calls pf almost 100%, calls flop almsot 100%, and calls turn as often the 'call all flops'-type of fish seldom folds a flop.

[ QUOTE ]
You should raise to isolate almost every decent hand, most players won't adjust efficiently and by the time they do you have taken all of the fishes money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well no, because he will not have folded when we fired 1-3 barrels (inc pf) by the time we get to the river. And with sc's we hit infrequently for fish to take most of our money.

[ QUOTE ]
1. make thread asking for advice
2. insult everyone who gives advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help it when everyone are fkn monkeys.

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote in my reply before you should figure out if he calls bigger than normal Raises PF - if so do exactly that.

If not, just raise normal and

- valuebet all possible streets with your big PP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not talking about big pockets.

Raising larger pf might be an 'outside the box' solution. Cheers.

[ QUOTE ]
if you don't raise, someone else will and then you may have to fold your hand later because of initiative reasons and C. mix up your range of raising hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yea if someone else raises your limp, then limping is is a bad idea. In which case I think folding is better than raising with these types of hands (note they group hands I am referring to that I've mentioned ad nauseum).

[ QUOTE ]
they weren't babbling at all, they told him all he needed to know. drmagic solved the thread and the other 2 added color commentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a knuckle dragger.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Well its clear you don't need help here. Well done.