Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 10:53 AM

Default Online H.O.R.S.E

First, I'll say to date I've only played Pacific, Stars and UB...
But I was wanting to branch out my game a little bit from holdem and thought a really low limit H.O.R.S.E game might be a good way to do it. Does any site offer it?
Old 03-09-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Online H.O.R.S.E

Full Tilt has HORSE tourneys, but no cash games.

If you want to branch out, how about one game at a time? Stud would seem like a good place to start.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:13 AM

I may have to try that.

I've played a little Stud...and a little Omaha....just thought a cheap game of Horse would give me an idea of what game i liked best.

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:20 AM

Full Tilt has HORSE in both SNGs and MTTs, starting at the $5 level and going up to the $200 level. I think the low buy-in SNGs fill fairly quickly and the tourneys draw a decent crowd. The last one I played ($5) had about 120 players.

If you are willing to try some smaller rooms, Bugsys Club also has occasional HORSE MTTs with buy-ins ranging from $5-$25. GamesGrid spreads a quirky "Dealer's Choice" game where the button chooses one of the HORSE games to be played each deal (rather than playing each game for a fixed amount of time). Even the stud games are played with blinds in this strange format. They have one $5 Dealer's Choice tournament per day (two on weekends) and a cash game that runs sporadically. GG has very low traffic, so keep that in mind before depositing.

The tournaments at both Bugsys and GG will be lucky to draw 20 players, so they are in a sense glorified SNGs.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GamesGrid spreads a quirky "Dealer's Choice" game where the button chooses one of the HORSE games to be played each deal (rather than playing each game for a fixed amount of time). Even the stud games are played with blinds in this strange format.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this format is very strange. If you can find opponents who regularly choose stud while you choose holdem (or if it is available, triple draw), you have found one of the best games around.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:08 PM

The Heads-Up HORSE tourneys at full tilt are bad, because the game always ends up decided as an allin fest on the stud eight or better, due to the fact that by the time you get to that level, the blinds/antes are high.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GamesGrid spreads a quirky "Dealer's Choice" game where the button chooses one of the HORSE games to be played each deal (rather than playing each game for a fixed amount of time). Even the stud games are played with blinds in this strange format.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this format is very strange. If you can find opponents who regularly choose stud while you choose holdem (or if it is available, triple draw), you have found one of the best games around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're not a complete fish at stud.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:30 AM

A ring game of HORSE on line would be fairly pointless. People could come and go when their game of choice is running, and leave when their weaker game is being played. At least with a tournament, players are stuck in.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A ring game of HORSE on line would be fairly pointless. People could come and go when their game of choice is running, and leave when their weaker game is being played. At least with a tournament, players are stuck in.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is exactly how it happens live also. I've played lots of mixed games, where 1 or 2 guys will leave for the half hour of the game they didn't like.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Hey, I choose Stud or Razz quite a bit in these games. I realize that you are losing your positional advantage of the button, but most of the regulars are much worse at Stud than Holdem or Omaha8. Holdem is great to pick against people who give up their blinds easily; I like to pick Stud variants against calling stations who don't realize when they should fold.

Triple Draw isn't an option on the GamesGrid Dealers' Choice game. Personally, I think triple draw provides such an advantage to the button that it would be a bad game to use in this format where the game changes every deal. I'd pick TD everytime if I could.