Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM

Default NL100 flopped middle set on Drawy board

Btn is 20/14/2.34 over 1600 hands
MP is a complete donk that just sat down like 20 hands ago

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $115.20
BB: $83.30
UTG: $91.20
MP: $115.70
CO: $98.50
BTN: $178.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $2.00, Hero calls $1.50, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($8) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="red">MP bets $3.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $13.00</font>, Hero calls $13.00, BB folds, MP calls $10.00

Turn: ($47) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $45.00</font>,

Whats your play now???Do you reraise the flop???
Old 08-23-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: NL100 flopped middle set on Drawy board

I would lead the flop. As played, I am definitely reraising! Given that you just call the flop, I'd probably lead the turn now. Given that you checked, I would shove over his turn bet.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 PM

I would have to say you misplayed that hand on a few levels. i think it's very important to plan for the next card in this case the turn. that being said this is a pretty scary board for 4way action in a raised pot for both u and any other possible overpairs, 2pair so on. you have to think what cards are going to come on the turn that u like..? pretty much every card either scares u or the villians in the pot. what im getting at is that 90% of the possible cards that will hit the turn will kill your action in one way or another. the flop is the best place to try and get it all in, if the guy flopped a str8 so be it...its a cooler and you still have out to pair the board with 2 to come.
so my line would be check raise the pot on the flop, bet strong if call on the kd turn. Or lead, push on reraise.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:33 PM

There are two hands that have you beat, and given Btn's TAGgy nature, there are dozens that you have beat. I would have lead the flop and pushed over his raise.

I'm confused by your thought process on the flop. check-call seems like the worst option - giving odds to every draw except an overpair. It's clear that this pot is going to be big, so I can't imagine that you're trying to keep it small. It looks to me like you're just scared - and that's rarely a good stragedy.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 AM

Alright this is kind of a bump primarily because think this hand deserves more discussion than i played it like a pussy...So my original plan was to check-raise as I was very confident that the Mp donk would cont bet...Looking back on it leading out is probably the best bet cause I think the cont bet shows a lot of strength...Now to the button re-raiser...I think his range for calling pre-flop and also raising that flop is a lot thinner than people think...Hes not just calling a double in pos with &gt; 10's he is almost 99% to re-raise there PF...So that pretty much rules out over pairs so the hands that have me beat (which more than 2 as big dummy said) are J10, 610, 56, and 99...Now I think all of these are just as likely as him having 2 pair so I think its important to look at his betting patterns to improve reads...Now would he really lead out for pot on the turn with 2 pair/air cause based on his PF calling range thats about all that I can beat...I guess tahts what I want to know yalls opinion about
Old 08-25-2007, 05:50 AM

leading flop / check raising flop / getting it in on turn.

but mainly im re-raising preflop, against a crappy minraise especially.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:03 AM

Reraise preflop. Be aggressive somewhere postflop and play your hand for the best, it probably is. You beat 67, 78, 89, 9T, 97, TT, 66, 77, numerous flush + pair or just nut flush draws, blah blah, alot. You're playing against ranges - not hands. No way you're going to mind read or mystically interpret his bet sizings to figure out if he has 77 or TJ. You beat his range, so put money in. This hand was pretty butchered.