Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:54 AM

Default blind vs blinds in micro stake mtt

if it gets to blind vs blind and u are small blind....should u ever bother trying to steal? considering how bad and loose people play
Old 08-25-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: blind vs blinds in micro stake mtt

It depends on how the BB plays against you.

Some people will either reraise you or fold if you raise them from SB. Others will call a majority of the time. If they are from the first category then its pretty pointless to raise them with a hand that is likely the favorite like Q, K, or Ace high unless you plan to call their all in if they do so. Might as well raise them with 26 or something if you're stealing. If they call a lot of your raises then go ahead raise with QJ, K high, A4, 22.

I almost always fold a hand worse than ten high unless its a suited connector if I'm in the SB, unless the player is shortstacked or playing super tight. Not sure if that's a leak, but it seems smart to me as you're out of position against the BB. At least when you raise from the button or cutoff you win the BB+SB and you have position if they call.

Remember, when this situation happens in an MTT it's just as if you are playing heads up.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Re: blind vs blinds in micro stake mtt

also depends on blinds sizes and your stack size and BBs stack size. honestly you just cant say if it is worth it or not....it depends on the situation....thats poker