Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 PM

Default TP2K paired board... wtf villain

Unknown villain, although I still think it's unlikely he had a 2. I actually put him on a mid pocket pair, but bad experiences and Baluga Theorem convinced me to fold. Critique all parts of play please.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($3.01)
Hero ($7.92)
Button ($6.38)
SB ($6.93)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $0.24</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, SB calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.82) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.62</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6.53</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.06
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Re: TP2K paired board... wtf villain

And yes I realize my pfr is too small. I'm working on it. what's a good preflop 3-bet rule of thumb?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Did you have any stats on the sb that helped you decide to rereraise him? Alot of the times im just calling his raise and checking out a flop.

I like your play afterwards though
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 PM

oh and a 3-bet is 3x his initial raise
Old 08-24-2007, 07:52 PM

you is mis-applying the baluga theorem.

simply the BT states that if you get raised on the TURN your one pair hand is likely no goot.

to take it from the top.

flop open raise = goot

then it goes a bit wayward. Villain is telling us he has a big hand by tripling our raise preflop. We might well be dominated by AK or behind to a hand like JJ+ your raise to 0.4 is not a 3bet - villains raise is the 3bet your re-raise is a 4bet. (it's the fourth bet - the forced BB is the first bet our open raise is a 2 bet his re-raise is the 3bet our rereraise is a 4bet) and at uNL stakes playing against people who by and large call too much we don't want to be 4betting anything other than PREMIUM hands and AQs is not one of them.

I'd call his re-raise and see the flop. Hoping to hit my Ace or a heart draw. We are unlikely to push him off his hand preflop unless we go all-in and we are called way too often by hands that beat us.

Flop: OK so we hit TP now we are worried about AK or AA we can see 2 aces so the chance he has AA are pretty slim - he checks so we make a CB - good stuff.

I'd snap call his flop push in a heartbeat. He'll do this with AJ or AT or worse - if he has the 2 more power to him - we are ahead of much of his range - so take the fast train to valuetown.

I'd put this guy on KK/QQ or maybe an Ax who thinks we don't have an Ace and wants to steal this pot.

at micro stakes a good rule of thumb for 3betting is not to unless we have the goods. We will get called more than our fair share when we 3bet anyway
Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 PM

I ain't foldin' AQ here. AJ maybe. I'll take a flier with AQ in this spot though.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:28 PM

I think that you shoould call the push on the flop. Until the flop you made the right decisions except with that aq 4bet minraise. That was a bad play. I wouldnt make 4bet even with AK, aq is for sure a mistake.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that you shoould call the push on the flop. Until the flop you made the right decisions except with that aq 4bet minraise. That was a bat play. I wouldnt make 4bet even with AK, aq is for sure a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM

Thanks, i edited and corrected my post.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ain't foldin' AQ here. AJ maybe. I'll take a flier with AQ in this spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and 3x the raise is std.