Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 10:17 PM

Default 2 50NL videos - Reverse-Tutorials...

Hi All-

So I made these 2 videos specifically for a 2p2 poster who is/was doing a bit of coaching for me and wanted to see some video sessions. Unfortunately, that poster has kind of dropped off the face of the earth for a few days, and I feel like I might as well try to get some use out of these.

Please do not download these if you are looking for expert play at the level. I am merely a breakevenish player at 50NL, and a lot of the video commentary is me specifically feeling confused and asking a lot of questions to the would-be coach, which, I guess, has now become the general public. Regardless, I think a lot of the questions I am asking are questions that people struggling at 50nl/Unl in general may be asking, so these may be of some worth to some people. If they aren't - I apologize, sorry for wasting your time. But don't say I didn't warn you.

The file sizes are very large, approx. 250megs each. I go between 2 and 4 tables exclusively PS 50NL.

If you happen to take any interest, I'd love any discusssion/suggestions on specific hands, especially ones where I voice a lack of confidence in my decision. Or even any hands, in general. Would be great for me. Anyway, here they are:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVIT7I20

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OCWI6L5D
Old 08-24-2007, 11:01 PM

Default Re: 2 50NL videos - Reverse-Tutorials...

I'll take a look and tell you what I think.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:59 AM

Appreciated.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:04 AM

downloading the first one right now
Old 08-25-2007, 04:06 AM

12 of you guys have downloaded this....

Anyone have any thoughts?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2007, 05:08 AM

downloading the first vid
Old 08-25-2007, 06:11 AM

-Bottom table, Q5s after limp, I would not raise a shortstack there, and I wonder how much equity you got.

-right hand table A4, no problem with folding there, if he limps it is an easy raise, you want to have the initiative.

-bottom table 86s CO fold?

-top right KK, call 3bet CRAI non A flop is another line and gives u more value from hands like JJ-TT. Altough you could question if he limp reraise those.

-bottom left K6o, fold, what do you expect to flop, if those cards were in anyway connected I agree, but K6o?

- topright, A2, you could fire the river, he is as scared of this flop as you are, after calling flop en checking twice he is folding a lot. Your turn analysis is good imo.

- topright, cbet met 44 is good, although the flop is drawy, but you wont win the pot if you dont bet here.

- topright 9Ks, looks perfect to me

- topleft AJo in the SB 3bet. YOu say he bets any heart there, wouldn't you bet any heart on the flop as well?

- topright QQ that is nitty, why would he lead an A there? He leads a FD way more often. Call and reevaluate turn.

- topleft J3o raise on the button, hmmmm??

- TJ same table, u say that is close? what is J3 then?

In general, you have a good idea about peoples ranges and play likewise. You look like a decent player to me.
But opening up your range in late position is good, but hands like J3o are still an easy fold imo.
Good luck at the tables, I hoped this helped you in any way!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:02 AM

Panic-

Much appreciated. When I get a chance i'll fire up the video and compare those thoughts. Thanks again.

FWIW (and i'm definitely not trying to complain at you, Panic, i should have mentioned this before...)if anyone else is going to comment on hands, it'd probably be best if you list the time into the video that I should look for.

Todd
Old 08-25-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-Bottom table, Q5s after limp, I would not raise a shortstack there, and I wonder how much equity you got. 5:00

-right hand table A4, no problem with folding there, if he limps it is an easy raise, you want to have the initiative. 55:40

-bottom table 86s CO fold? 10:10

-top right KK, call 3bet CRAI non A flop is another line and gives u more value from hands like JJ-TT. Altough you could question if he limp reraise those. 18:40

-bottom left K6o, fold, what do you expect to flop, if those cards were in anyway connected I agree, but K6o? 28:20

- topright, A2, you could fire the river, he is as scared of this flop as you are, after calling flop en checking twice he is folding a lot. Your turn analysis is good imo. 28:30

- topright, cbet met 44 is good, although the flop is drawy, but you wont win the pot if you dont bet here. 32:24

- topright 9Ks, looks perfect to me 33:25

- topleft AJo in the SB 3bet. YOu say he bets any heart there, wouldn't you bet any heart on the flop as well? 41:00

- topright QQ that is nitty, why would he lead an A there? He leads a FD way more often. Call and reevaluate turn. 46:30

- topleft J3o raise on the button, hmmmm?? 50:00

- TJ same table, u say that is close? what is J3 then? 51:00

In general, you have a good idea about peoples ranges and play likewise. You look like a decent player to me.
But opening up your range in late position is good, but hands like J3o are still an easy fold imo.
Good luck at the tables, I hoped this helped you in any way!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-25-2007, 11:33 AM

Watched the first vid and am pretty impressed by how loose you are. Can you please post your late position stats and your stats when you raise marginal hands from CO and BTN?

As far as criticism goes, I think Panic__NL did a good job.