Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Currently getting right and getting wrong

I thought this would be a good idea - esp. for the newer lifters/losers - to help some short term improvements in our workouts. Rate yourself on which parts of your workout you're doing well and which could be better then revisit in a week and see if you have improved those.

I still consider myself very early in with this new lifting routine. Currently 171 lb 6ft (started at 205lb), now trying to cut while keeping the little muscle mass i have.

The bad:

Recovery, 4/10, sleep pattern is getting later and later each night which means i sleep less and less.

Being a putz, 5/10, i'm still v. weak and being the smallest guy in the free weights makes me a pussy about adding squats and deadlifts. I want to add those in the next 2 weeks.

Eating small and often, 5/10, i'm eating about 5 sometimes 6 meals a day now which is a good improvement but it's not constant and i could add another 2 meals.

The good:

Education, 8/10, learning a lot, added L-glutamine, and better postwork shake.

Motivation, 9/10, i know what i want to achieve, being very constant, pushing myself hard.

Getting protein needs, 8/10, after turning veggie i feel i've done well to get my protein needs w/o just relying supplement. Using chickpeas for falafel and hummus, butter beans, kidney beans, lots of nuts, oats, eggs, sweet potato, milk and tofu.

So from this short term goals, constant 2am - 11pm sleep pattern, eventually add squats and deadlifts, eat more constantly.

Add yours.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Currently getting right and getting wrong

how come you keep saying that you will eventually add squats and deadlifts? something stopping you from doing them today?
Old 08-24-2007, 01:29 PM

being a putz. i guess i should just do it. i've always had it in the back of my mind that i want to be a fair amount stronger before i add them.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:35 PM

jay, you probably know how retarded that sounds...do them to get stronger, don't get stronger to do them...
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM

Commitment, 9/10, definitely my strongest trait when it comes to this stuff.

Diet, 6/10, meh, eating better than before I guess, but still eating too much crap. Need more protein, less fat. Need to eat more smaller meals. Gotta eat out less. I keep an accurate food log, which is good.

Form, 6/10, working on it.

Education, 7/10, I've read a lot. Now I just need to gain some applied knowledge by putting in the time at the gym.

Recovery, 8/10, getting plenty of sleep.

Cardio 3/10, I need to find something more entertaining to do for cardio so I'll stick with it.

Goals: I want to add weight to all my lifts, particularly my squat, and get my diet in check. Hopefully everything else will take care of itself.