Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: KK what do you do on river?

As played easy bet and let him snapcall with his midpair and lose.

I just get allin before river though.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:10 AM

easy valuebet here if you don't raise the turn
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM

$70-$75 checking is not good
Old 08-24-2007, 10:25 AM

well played you don't gotta raise, now just put out half the pot on the river
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM

If you push the river you'll get called mostly by hands that beat you. If you bet less than push and then call a push, same thing. If you bet less than push and then fold to a push, you are folding getting about 5:1 is a big pot where you could have the best hand, and that's very bad. If you check behind, you potentially lose value. None of these options are good.

A pot sized raise on the turn is basically pushing, and when you push the villain gets about 1.8:1 on a call for all his money. It's possible he is already ahead of you and if he's not he's probably on a gutshot maybe with a pair. Those hands aren't going to call a push all the time. Another likely hand for him is an overpair like JJ-TT or maybe QQ, but they often 3 bet preflop and when they don't they will frequently fold to a turn push. So the majority of the hands that call a turn push are straights & trips, so that's not great either.

You could raise the flop and that will end the hand a lot of the time. But you could also end up in a spot where you either win small pot or lose a big one because when he re-raises you he's usually ahead. If you fold then you're again in a spot where you're folding getting decent odds in a big pot.

But if you go all the way back to preflop and raise more there, it will make the pot much larger. If you make it $12 instead of $8 and the hand plays out in basically the same way, villain will bet about 20 on the flop & 50 on the turn, leaving 114 in the pot and you with 168 behind. Here you can easily push and give villain 2.5:1, which a lot of hands that are behind will call, including JJ and gutshot+pair combos.

So I'd raise more preflop & as played check the river behind.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you push the river you'll get called mostly by hands that beat you. If you bet less than push and then call a push, same thing. If you bet less than push and then fold to a push, you are folding getting about 5:1 is a big pot where you could have the best hand, and that's very bad. If you check behind, you potentially lose value. None of these options are good.

A pot sized raise on the turn is basically pushing, and when you push the villain gets about 1.8:1 on a call for all his money. It's possible he is already ahead of you and if he's not he's probably on a gutshot maybe with a pair. Those hands aren't going to call a push all the time. Another likely hand for him is an overpair like JJ-TT or maybe QQ, but they often 3 bet preflop and when they don't they will frequently fold to a turn push. So the majority of the hands that call a turn push are straights & trips, so that's not great either.

You could raise the flop and that will end the hand a lot of the time. But you could also end up in a spot where you either win small pot or lose a big one because when he re-raises you he's usually ahead. If you fold then you're again in a spot where you're folding getting decent odds in a big pot.

But if you go all the way back to preflop and raise more there, it will make the pot much larger. If you make it $12 instead of $8 and the hand plays out in basically the same way, villain will bet about 20 on the flop & 50 on the turn, leaving 114 in the pot and you with 168 behind. Here you can easily push and give villain 2.5:1, which a lot of hands that are behind will call, including JJ and gutshot+pair combos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this Matt or Sunny? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you make it 12 preflop then your gonna end the hand right there also.

Youve under-repped your hand alot here, cos of that I think a half sized value bet is a must, it looks like he is going for a river check call with some sort of pp

I think i'd have raised somewhere though, flop>turn for me.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 PM

I would probably check here because i do not see him calling you with a worse hand and being check raised here would be terrible for the most part i check here most of the time but i do bet here sometimes if i think villain is capable of making brave calls.