Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Default What\'s on your DVR this summer?

Since I finally got a DVR about a year and a half ago my TV veiwing has changed dramatically and for the better. I never watch anything when it's on and now what at my convienience. Anyway this is what I have been tuned into this summer.

John From Cincinnatti (HBO) - Ended a week or so ago. Watched every episode and had no idea what it was about? From what I understand it has been (mercifully) cancelled.

Entourage (HBO) - I love this show. It's hilarious. It never really seems go anywhere but it's a great journey none the less and I always look forward to it.

Damages (TNT) - Great cast with Glen Close, Ted Danson and a host of recognizable faces I can't put a name on. Very mysterious and intrigueing and well done. Glen Close plays a really nasty ball buster to perfection.

Burn Notice (USA) - Very entertaining drama/action/comedy witha touch of McGyver. Bruce Campell steals every scene he is in and is the main comic relief but is well done all around. The weakspots are when the heros family (mother and brother) get involved.

Psyche (USA) - Goofy oddball dramatic comedy about a pyschic detective. It's enjoyable enought to keep watching.

Mad Men (AMC) - Interesting look at the late 50's world of Madison Avenue advertising. Kind of soapy but they really capture the look and mood of that era to perfection. I am really intrigued with those years and this makes it extremely interesting to me. Also I think the character of Joan (head secretary) may be the sexiest woman on TV. Not the prettiest or most attractive but has the look she really plays the "bombshell" role to perfection.

Weeds (Showtime) - From the first two episodes this summer it seems as if this series is showing it's age. It has gotten a bit darker and for me less enjoyable. We'll see where this seaon goes?

Californication (Showtime) - Wow! This is hard to describe but I think it borders on brilliant. Lots of naked women if you are into that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And David Duchovney plays a really complex character. Only 2 episodes in but this one is must watch TV.

The Business (IFC) - I find this hilarious. It seems to have widened it's bounds in this it's second season and has started showing lots of skin. About a sleezebag movie producer who is trying to go mainstream.

The Minor Accomplishments of Jackie Woodman (IFC) - Another IFC comedy about hollywood and the experiences of a wannabe screenwriter. Definitely has it's very humorous moments.

What are you watching?