Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: favorite way to start a session

In my experience plays liek this when i have no information on the villian have come back to haunt me.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM

i like turn and river but i don't like flop at all. check back or just fold to the minraise, holla
Old 08-23-2007, 04:54 PM

I'm just saying what it looks like to me -- someone who doesn't know your play too well. I'd prefer 3-betting or folding flop...that would make more sense to me. But as played I don't mind how the hand went down in terms of the turn and river.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WTF -- when are we JUST CALLING his flop min-raise with an overpair...like 5% of the time? In fact, if I saw this line I'd think that we were the ones holding j-10. Not to mention, river looks exactly like what it is, trying to push him off of a Q. Maybe I just don't play with you enough, but do you play k-10/QQ/JJ this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a pretty dry flop. i could definitely show up with any big hand (overpair/set/etc.). none of which is too relevant since we have no history.

[/ QUOTE ]
obviously we'd play a big hand (KK/AA, AQ, 2pr, set) like this. only problem is against an unknown idk if they'd think that so i'm not sure how often you're going to get them to fold so i'd probably just dump the flop. however i think since you called the flop mr ur line is ok
Old 08-23-2007, 05:03 PM

what does his min-raise mean to you...i think that if i had a monster, say QQ or 99, i'd want my min-raise to rep j-10. The thinking then becomes, if i rep j-10 with my min-raise, wouldn't Kratzer have wanted to push us off J-10 if he had an overpair rather than just calling the min-raise. Blah blah blah, hopefully you get my point as it's 5pm and I want to bounce from work
Old 08-23-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with unkown soldier on this one, although against some guys, flop and turn can be fine so I don't hate it. I think after turn he just doesn't fold enough on riv tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think betting the turn and checking behidn on the river is pretty bad since we don't even have any showdown value vs the one draw on the flop (JT).

in fact i wouldn't be surprised at all if he showed up with JT here.