Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Little League World Series Thread

One thing I just thought of. I have heard comentators complining about how long these game are taking. The reason for this is, of course, because they have lots of comercials.

In light of little league's tradition of relying on volunteers, I think ESPN should volunteer their coverage, and show the games comercial free. That would be awsome.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:26 PM

That's some incredibly cool stuff but this guy's coach totally sucks for not letting the kids go on Jay Leno and do the other stuff.
That's freaking ridiculous.

Also, not sure I understand how one coach can prevent two of the players from doing this.
Can't the kids just go on the show on their own as long as they have their parents' permission.
Screw the coach.

My LL team had mostly scrubs like me with a couple decent players and one superstar kid who could throw no-hitters and hit HR's all day.
My Dad was the coach.
If someplace asked my Dad for permission to interview this kid because he was so impressive practically carrying our whole team my Dad would have said, "Sure thing. He's a great kid and an awesome talent. He deserves the recognition."

Seriously..WTF?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's some incredibly cool stuff but this guy's coach totally sucks for not letting the kids go on Jay Leno and do the other stuff.
That's freaking ridiculous.

Also, not sure I understand how one coach can prevent two of the players from doing this.
Can't the kids just go on the show on their own as long as they have their parents' permission.
Screw the coach.

My LL team had mostly scrubs like me with a couple decent players and one superstar kid who could throw no-hitters and hit HR's all day.
My Dad was the coach.
If someplace asked my Dad for permission to interview this kid because he was so impressive practically carrying our whole team my Dad would have said, "Sure thing. He's a great kid and an awesome talent. He deserves the recognition."

Seriously..WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, we didn't know about the opportunities that we missed out on until an assistant coach told us months later and it was way too late then. It is/was a "seriously..WTF?" situation for sure.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to take the time to post that it really sucks that they put this drivel on national tv. I can't believe people actually are entertained by this stuff. On the other hand, it's espn, so I'm not surprised at all. If it wasn't for football I wouldn't even want the channel nowadays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they're even putting poker on ESPN now! POKER!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:39 PM

there's a baseball with 12ressi's john hancock in my barber shop
Old 08-23-2007, 03:22 PM

OK I take it back, that last game was sicksicksicksick. Venezuela goes ahead in top of extra innings, Curacao starts a 2-out rally and slams a 3-run walk off, gg Venezuela
Old 08-23-2007, 06:27 PM

A few friends of mine played in the Little League World Series (Canada - Gordon Head Little League, Victoria, British Columbia 1999). By all accounts it was the best experience of their lives. One of those guys is now playing for Seattle's AA southern league team in Tennessee.

I played in a Babe Ruth World Series. Not even remotely as big, but it was still pretty cool representing the Pacific Northwest Region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska, British Columbia and Alberta).

Just a comment about this year's LLWS, the umpiring is really bad. The two games I've watched (canada/curacao, NW/new england) were horribly officiated.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:03 PM

Does anyone else miss Harold Reynolds during these broadcasts? He was way more entertaining and informative than Orel.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Not that I expect world class umpiring, but I feel bad for the batters because the strike zone seemed ridiculously wide in the few games I watched.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues

what is up with every HR resulting in a huge pileup at home plate?

they better drop that before high school ball. our varsity team used to hand out beanings pretty liberally.