Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Overpair with effective stacks of 2x pot

I'll probably have my own question answered once I read the TMC chapter in PNL (just finished REM), but I'll go ahead and post anyway. Villain is pretty new to the table so no reads.

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $93.29
BB: $78.05
Hero (UTG): $27.35
BTN: $18.57

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $3.35</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.35

Flop: ($7.05) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero ???

Pot is nearly half of villain's remaining stack at this point. Options are bet/call, bet/fold, check/raise, check/fold. Let's ignore the scenarios where I bet and check and he calls or checks behind.

Is bet/fold or check/fold even an option? If not, do you prefer bet/call or check/raise?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Overpair with effective stacks of 2x pot

id probably push or fold pf. We cant call for set value. If you c/f this flop then you should just fold pf. If we are goin to bet this flop then sets call, JJ+ calls, AQ/AK will probably fold so will smaller PPs. Id rather CRAI than bet cause it alows him to bluff w/ air or semi bluff mid PPs. A c/c puts us in an awkward spot on the turn OOP again. Sooo id probably either push/fold pf or CRAI on this flop...
Old 08-23-2007, 01:07 PM

When you call pf your plan must be to showdown QQ on flops like these. I like a crai, give him a chance to follow through. To bet/fold would be horrible beyond words.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:18 PM

I would CRAI here most of the time against an unknown. There are some people who will call a push with any PP, but I'd like to see evidence of that before pushing myself. Once they get start with 40BB or less, though, pushing preflop becomes a better option, IMO.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:47 PM

crai and it's not even close imo
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Well I did crai and ran into AA. Coming from a tourney background, I wondered if I'm attaching too much value to overpairs and top pair and such. I definitely am in some of the hands I've been reviewing in PT, but wasn't sure about this one. Figured I'd get a second opinion before writing this off as a cooler.