Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Default 100nl preflop line w/ AQ and LAG image

villain is in CO w/ stats 19/17/2, i have 3 bet villain several times in last few orbits, and have played a lot w/ him before and he plays a fairly solid tagish game.I'm running 30/22/4

i have AQs on button and villain raises 4.

my standard line here is to 3bet,I dont know if villain is capable of 4 betting light, but i do know he is proably sick of me 3 betting him, should i keep pounding on him and give him credit if he 4 bets or is flat calling IP an OK line
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 AM

Default Re: 100nl preflop line w/ AQ and LAG image

Flatting AQ is fine from time to time...but if you really think he's capable of 4-betting light, why not 3-bet/call a shove?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flatting AQ is fine from time to time...but if you really think he's capable of 4-betting light, why not 3-bet/call a shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is i DONT know if he is capable, so if he 4 bets i wont be sure if he's making a move or hhas picked up a hand, if i knew he was capable of 4 betting light i 3bet and instacall shove

on a side note, do people find that the semi solid 100NL players are capalbe of 4 betting light?
Old 08-23-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is i DONT know if he is capable, so if he 4 bets i wont be sure if he's making a move or hhas picked up a hand, if i knew he was capable of 4 betting light i 3bet and instacall shove

on a side note, do people find that the semi solid 100NL players are capalbe of 4 betting light?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my post really didn't explain much...but these spots are just soooo read dependent.

And to be perfectly honest, there aren't too many players I know of at NL100 that are capable of 4-betting that light. It certainly happens...but not enough to worry about IMHO.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 AM

what site is this on??? there is a huge difference in preflop agression between party and full tilt