Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Default wtf does this mean?

i w ant to kill someone right no w
Old 08-22-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: wtf does this mean?

It means right now someone out there who is bad at poker is spending your $800. Nice graph.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM

I guess it means unlucky. But if the red line keeps going up the green one should eventually? Would it indicate bad play if your green/blue lines were way above the red one?
Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It means right now someone out there who is bad at poker is spending your $800. Nice graph.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah OP actually you're running right at your expectation!

good luck when you actually hit a downswing!

sersiously though the ONLY thing that can be gleaned from this graph is that you are running right at your expectation for situations where you get all in before the river.

doesn't say anything about how often you've had KK vs AA or 3bet QQ and had to fold on a AKx board.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Honestly, it probably means you're running about normal. A lot of people use that program and say "damn, I'm owed 20 BIs in Sklansky bucks" but the problem is that the program can only make a best guess estimate based on limited information. For example, you could get 2-outered 10 times, but the other 1000 times people were chasing their 2-outers they missed and folded. From your perspective, you're running crappy, but in reality you're running hot against 2-outers. Also, there's so many different ways of running bad that it's really difficult to determine programatically. For example, you could be getting normal cards, hitting your draws the expected amount, but you're always running into the top end of your opponent's ranges. How would you write a program to do that? If I were going to write such a program, I think the way to do it would be to use statistical methods to make guesses on your expectation in certain situations (based on past results) and then compare it to the current results. Just using showdown information will always make it look like you're running bad, unless you're a fish who's constantly bad beating people.