Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Poker night in BsAs?

poker next week sounds good. i'll try to set it up soon when i figure out a day that works.

you, and anybody else, up for beers sometime soon?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM

Cool thread!

I moved here from Norway a week ago with my gf, getting an apartment in palermo in the next few days. Definately up for poker and/or beers. Let me know if you`re gonna play sometime soon.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
poker next week sounds good. i'll try to set it up soon when i figure out a day that works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying now don't have it on Thursday. Any other at day at this point in time is free for me but Friday/Saturday are likely to fill up real quick.

Yeah, I'm up for meeting any 2p2ers that live here for beers or helping them get settled/showing them around. Just PM me.

I'm not sure yet, but after next week I think I can recommend the European Club as a worthwhile place to go. Went to my first function of theirs tonight and it was pretty cool. Met some really chill Germans.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying now don't have it on Thursday. Any other at day at this point in time is free for me but Friday/Saturday are likely to fill up real quick.

Yeah, I'm up for meeting any 2p2ers that live here for beers or helping them get settled/showing them around. Just PM me.

I'm not sure yet, but after next week I think I can recommend the European Club as a worthwhile place to go. Went to my first function of theirs tonight and it was pretty cool. Met some really chill Germans.

[/ QUOTE ]

i PMed you a month ago when i decided to go but you didnt answer...mailbox full? theres going to be about 4-5 of us moving there (all poker players)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:22 AM

and thanks for all this useful information, BTW, very excited to get there
Old 08-23-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But most of all, despite all i said here, don't be scared at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

i lol'ed.

IF YOU DO ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES MONEY, TAXIS, OR OPENING DOORS - ESPECIALLY AT NIGHTS, THEN YOU WILL DIE. oh but its no big deal.

I've been here for a week so far and have never once felt in danger. Although I haven't really travelled too far from my apartment.

Oh and im in for the poker game.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 PM

lol

I just wanted to state that during the past 15 years almost everyone in this city experienced this kind of situations, and even as a local you have to be kind of carefull about what are you doing in the streets. If you come from Norway you will find a different picture and you might get a surprise if you think you are 100% safe.
But this not being San Pablo or Medellin, I think being scared is not any good. TheMetetron feels safe being from Sweeden (I hope I'm right, =p) because he takes care and I guess he is not a pussy, while there is a lot local people (specially women, and right-wing journalists) bitching non stop about how dangerous is here. Being safe is also a state of mind, so I think that being scared it's not the way to go because chances are nothing is going to happen if you stay for a while, and if you are going to stay for a really long time you might face some situation and staying relaxed is the only way to protect yourself.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TheMetetron ... is not a pussy

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn right.

From the USA though I try to avoid actually admitting that. I used to live in Sweden which is probably where you got that from.

For people who are going to be living in Argentina for a while, PM me now and I promise I'll answer. The best ways to get a hold of me are AIM, Facebook, and my cell phone.

Edit: [censored] it. If you want to get in touch just AIM me at TheMetetron2p2. If you want my facebook or cell I have to meet you first and not have you try to kill me.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:52 PM

I am willing to host the poker game at my Apt in Palermo if there is enough interest. I have been told the plan is to have the first one on August 29th, thats next Wednesday. PM me for my address if you are planning to go.

I have a pretty open space with a large enough table and chairs for 7-8 people. I don't have any chips, if anyone has those please let me know.

Please post questions and comments in the thread. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am willing to host the poker game at my Apt in Palermo if there is enough interest. I have been told the plan is to have the first one on August 29th, thats next Wednesday. PM me for my address if you are planning to go.

I have a pretty open space with a large enough table and chairs for 7-8 people. I don't have any chips, if anyone has those please let me know.

Please post questions and comments in the thread. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

In like Flynn. No chips. I have some marked cards if we need some. What the [censored] are we playing anyway?