Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Where do I suck that badly? [many hands]

ugh I messed up this one pretty badly, please give me a better line:

Poker Stars - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1.80
BB: $4.55
<u>HaiaN (UTG): $12.15</u>
MP: $5.55
<u>CO: $7.45</u>
BTN: $2.85

Preflop: HaiaN is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
HaiaN calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.60) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, HaiaN checks, MP checks, CO checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">HaiaN bets $0.40</font>, MP folds, CO calls $0.40, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

River: ($1.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">HaiaN bets $0.75</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.50</font>, BTN folds, HaiaN calls $0.75
Old 08-22-2007, 07:05 AM

anoter hand ... fold turn? villain is kinda maniacish

Full Tilt Poker - Pot Limit Omaha Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $11.05
BB: $7.15
UTG: $1.40
CO: $8.90
HaiaN (BTN): $12.80

Preflop: HaiaN is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.20</font>, HaiaN calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.40</font>, BB folds, CO calls $0.40, HaiaN calls $0.40

Turn: ($2) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="red">HaiaN bets $1.10</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.50</font>, HaiaN calls $1.40

River: ($7) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">CO bets all-in for $5.80</font>, HaiaN folds
Uncalled bet of $5.80 returned to CO

Pot Size: $7.00 ($0.70 Rake)
Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 AM

note to clarify: this is in regards to the KQT9 hand

Better I think is check-call the river. You don't lose much value at all at PLO10 taking that line and likely get the showdown for an amount you were willing to bet against this opponent and many others.
He's probably going to value bet something in the same range you were willing to bet anyhow.

I think check calling is underused at this level as bluff catchers, and many players at this level turn their two pair weak hands into bluffs by betting for you.
As played you are so rarely winning on his min raise but it's relatively tiny- so just find out what it is- make a note and move on.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:47 AM

OK, first off, you're playing way too tight. Your VPIP should be at least 25 for 6-max and at these stakes, I think optimal's closer to 40. Also, that excessive tightness is extending to your postflop play as well. A WTSD of under 20 is super-low, especially when you're only playing premium hands to begin with.

In addition, hand #5 from the initial posting is a ridiculously bad fold. You're getting 2.7 to 1 on your money and you have 9 nut outs, another 2 to 3 outs that are almost certainly good and a pretty decent chance that your hand will win at showdown as is. The fact that UTG initially called the raise in position and didn't reraise until it was a multi-way pot makes me think that he likely has either either a combo draw or a weak made hand. You're ahead here a very good amount of the time and there's no way you should just be giving up the pot. Especially playing this low, you can't give people credit for the best possible hand they could have every time. If you think there's a decent chance your hand is good, you usually just have to call and see.

On that later hand, don't sweat paying off the min-raise too much. It was a mistake not potting the turn though. Finally, don't worry too much about a 5 BI swing. That will happen a lot in PLO. It just takes longer for the variance to even out for you since you're playing so few starting hands.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 PM

okay thanks for all the responses! You've definitely hepled me so far

btw, what would you guys prefer: Should I open new threads for new hands or is it better if I just add them in this thread because most of them will be pretty basic probably?

One question about bet-sizing: Do I always have to pot it on flop and turn in PLO? My main game ist NLHE and its pretty uncommon to bet full pot there.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:31 PM

to pottit always is certainly wrong. iirc the ribbo-vids have some examples where to make a nice half-pot bet. but if you wanna bet and are not sure about the amount: rather pot it.

and i'd like one-hand-a-thread better. it is just more concise. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]