Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 05:30 PM

Default NL 200 AJs TP3K , three bet pot, Is it a leak to play for stacks here?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $200.00
BB: $76.60
UTG: $306.50
CO: $350.15
Hero (BTN): $197.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $28.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $20.00

Flop: ($58) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $34.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $80.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $172.00</font>

Villain was 20/17/9.3/296 hands c bet 82

I know this is a standard kind of spot, but the games have been playing real aggro for me lately and I'm wondering about the times I make a stand with hands like this.
I'm thinking my flop raise was kind of weak and I was torn between raising there and just flat calling hoping TT+ would fire again.
This line isn't standard for me. I would generally fold pf, but the hand is suited and I had position. Also, I think he is raising me light enough that my kicker has value. Is a fold pf standard against a TAG like this. He's super aggro post flop.

There aren't many combo draws he would reasonably have here . He isn't rr with 5d6d too often, rarely. Is playing for stacks here with TP3K a big leak? Does anyone like the weak tight line of call flop, fold if turn blanks and he fires again?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: NL 200 AJs TP3K , three bet pot, Is it a leak to play for stacks h

If you think your kicker has value, why the hell would you raise him and let him fold out his A8s or whatever. Call flop, call turn if you're wanting to play for stacks.

Don't pick a marginal dominated hand to take a stand against a light 3-bettor though.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:36 PM

i don't mind the call PF too much with a read that he really is 3 betting a wide range. ie. you've seen him show down weak hands.

flop play is terrible. he's never folding better or calling with worse. he's shutting down on the turn almost always without AK/AQ here, in which case i would check behind for pot control and VB river for half-pot if checked to again.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:37 PM

Preflop is ok vs some people (and not all the time). I'd just call the flop. I'm not folding the turn or river, but I prob check behind if he checks turn.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:40 PM

Call flop, raising here without the intention of snapping the shove is horrible in so many ways