Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: New Vid - $20nl - 3 tables

I think that absent of some monster read we are better off betting out here for the following reasons:

1. If we check behind we are giving infinite odds to any small pp's running, running straights/flushes, or small made pairs. If these hands hit (or we allow the draws to come into play) we take the opportunity to turn a small win into a big loss.

2. If we do wind up checking behind and allowing the villain to hit something in his hand (e.g., he hits a pair where he had air before and he hits his pair) how much are we really going to get out of him? If he hits and we raise he is going to freeze up and most likely fold…if he still checks it to us, the most we can assume to get is two pot size bets (turn and river) at most.

3. If we check our big hands postflop we run the risk of getting more callers with weak pairs when we make our cbets with air.

4. We want to maintain our table image of a post flop aggressor, that way when we hit our big hands, we get action from weaker hands.

5. Our greatest opportunity for profit here lies with a weaker Ace calling us down all the way. If we do not make the flop bet then we decrease proportionately the turn and river bets and we minimize rather than maximize these gains.

While I think it is important to mix up our play, I really hate to check hands like TPTK, which are vulnerable to re-draws (even on an A92 rainbow flop).
Old 08-21-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3. If we check our big hands postflop we run the risk of getting more callers with weak pairs when we make our cbets with air.

4. We want to maintain our table image of a post flop aggressor, that way when we hit our big hands, we get action from weaker hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I bet this flop 100%, but I cbet almost every flop headups with position. However Hero doesn't c-bet all flops, if he is going to check behind sometimes when he misses, he needs to check behind sometimes when he hits. If i was villain, i would notice he doesn't cbet all the time, and call his prf a little lighter and bet all turns where he checks until he shows me his flop checks don't always mean weakness.

Maybe he cbets more than I think. i remember noticing a couple of hands where he checked where i would have cbet, but maybe I underestimated his cbet % he cbets close to 100%, though I would guess it was more like 80%.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

At the end, you paid the blinds on 2 tables and then sat out when you had button. Sit at the table until you're in a blind again and get some free cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed this too.

It is really funny, I see this a ton when playing live at the card house - someone is always telling their wife/friend "I will go once I play through my blind" and I am thinking "So wait, wtf @ paying to play in the two worst positions and then leaving before taking your button?"
Old 08-22-2007, 06:09 AM

ok - I have some time on my hands today so im gonna give it a go. Some general stuff first.
<ul type="square"> [*]Buy new laptop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [*]Don't post blinds out of turn.[*]Dont' openlimp.[*]You have weak/tight tendencies. Try to fight it. You know what to do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img][*]Short video and im not sure about this but... It looks like it's the old classic weak=strong and strong=weak with you. But im not sure. You might wan't to pay some attention to it though. [/list]Now to the hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2.07: TT - I would just bet out on the flop even though he is short. Your very likely good here. Punish him for beeing short don't reward him with free cards. I would give villain a comment that he is a donk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

3.00 : QJ - I might bet smaller because of the dry nature of the flop but im not quite sure how these games play out. Betting pot is probably fine.

8.54: JJ - I would call villains flop bet here. Your only worried about the K. You have raised his openlimp a few times and my experince is that, when they donk into you like this they have very little. This looks to me like he is getting annoyed with you. IMO he would be more inclined to c/r or c/c if he had the K.

11.11 - 56s - Don't open limp. Raise or fold. In this spot I would probably fold it since you have a short stack with position on you.

12.00 - A8s - Put him AI on the flop

20.10: JTs - Raise or fold. If you raise this hand plays out much different.
<ul type="square"> [*]You might take it down preflop [*]He has to put you on a strong hand which increases your fold equity on you c-bet. As played he can put you on low pp, second pair or TPWK.[/list]21.30 - A4o - Dry flop, you dont have to bet close to pot here to accomplish what you want. 0.7$ would be fine IMO.

23.26 - AKs - Why not raise pot like you did all the other hands? Be careful not to let your hands decide the amount you raise.

I c-bet 100% of the time here. You have a very good hand still even though you didn't hit.

25.20 - K6s - Again, you don't have to bet pot to accomplish what you wish on this board. If he has a pp he is never letting go anyway.

Just re-read my post and it's a bit messy, but I hope you can still use it for something [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 08:54 AM

Thanks guys, very helpfull [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyone else who watched it got any comments?

Would anyone diagree with the statement that although i play a couple of hands bad, i have an edge and a profitable playing style at this limit?