Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Re: LJ Ends Holdout

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If the Chiefs are smart they will run LJ into the ground the next couple years then trade him for the farm. That would be just about perfect timing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize older backs aren't worth crap to most teams. A lot of teams could have gotten Shaun Alexander for a 2nd round pick around 3 years ago before his big season. I was shocked when the Redskins were dumb enough to offer Bailey for Portis, for the most part of the last 10 years, RBs 28 years+ aren't worth much at all in the NFL trade markets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2nd and 5th round pick when he was 27.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a HOF player at other critical positions would be traded for this? This really isn't that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct. I mean, look at what Deion Branch went for.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 AM

The Jamal Lewis comparisons are really overdone. Yah, Jamal Lewis carried it a bunch of times one year and then kind of sucked after that. After his 2000 yard season, he also missed a bunch of time the next year for violating the drug policy and then literally WENT TO JAIL. So, unless carrying the ball 400 times in a season makes you a coked out criminal, I think LJ is okay for the foreseeable future.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:03 AM

KC had to give in eventually, zero leverage. Seems good for both sides. LJ doesn't need training camp and should not play in preseason anyways. This would have been news if it happened like two months from now. All went as expected.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Jamal Lewis comparisons are really overdone. Yah, Jamal Lewis carried it a bunch of times one year and then kind of sucked after that. After his 2000 yard season, he also missed a bunch of time the next year for violating the drug policy and then literally WENT TO JAIL. So, unless carrying the ball 400 times in a season makes you a coked out criminal, I think LJ is okay for the foreseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Jamal Anderson comparison not Jamal Lewis.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not just Jamal Lewis. It's virtually every back that's ever done this. Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Gerald Riggs.

Guys that have survived it are slim - Dickerson, Payton, LT (who had 30 less carries and goes out of bounds faster).
Old 08-22-2007, 10:55 AM

Everyone except the clueless Cardinals knew James was almost done. LJ hasn't played 2 full seasons. I don't think he's quite cashed yet.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM

I wasn't talking about last year's Edgerrin James, but 2000's Edgerrin James. He nearly iht the 370 mark his rookie year, hit 380 his 2nd year, and got injured the next year.

Jamal Anderson didn't even have 300 carries the year before he had 410, but it didn't matter.

However, even if Larry doesn't decline or suffer a catastrophic injury from workload, he still has to deal with aging teammates and a broken offensive line.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't talking about last year's Edgerrin James, but 2000's Edgerrin James. He nearly iht the 370 mark his rookie year, hit 380 his 2nd year, and got injured the next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't seriously be suggesting that Edge getting hurt in 2001 was due to workload? Its not like he broke down, he got hit while his foot was planted and tore his ACL. No lesser amount of carries is going to prevent a random hit to the knee.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:22 PM

It's not like all knees are created equal. Perhaps running into the line 400 times made it easier to tear his ACL.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:02 AM

Edge would have been fine in Indy last year. They have a good/great O-line and a great set of WRs along with one of the best Qbs period. On a team with a rookie QB, a horrid o-line, he couldn't possibly succeed.