Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: 200nl river check raise

obviously i like this better if i have a better read and i have AK and think he will call or i have QJ that i realize is no good and think he will fold (i feel very confident that villain had a 1 pair hand).and i do agree that with AQ it becomes kinda silly.

The reason i wanted to try it though, there was alot of regulars at the table, i wanted them to know that i could cold call with AQ also and that i am capable of mixing up my play (cause i had shown down AQ in rr pot earlier). also i wanted them to have to think twice before value betting thinly against me again and lastly it never hurts do get a tricky/crazy image.
IDK, i might be overestimating my opponents, but i have just moved up to nl200 and this will be their first impression of me and on UB it's not really a huge pool of regulars. Is this making sence?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 PM

doing this for metagame is pretty gross
Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM

okay, why?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason i wanted to try it though, there was alot of regulars at the table, i wanted them to know that i could cold call with AQ also and that i am capable of mixing up my play (cause i had shown down AQ in rr pot earlier). also i wanted them to have to think twice before value betting thinly against me again and lastly it never hurts do get a tricky/crazy image.
IDK, i might be overestimating my opponents, but i have just moved up to nl200 and this will be their first impression of me and on UB it's not really a huge pool of regulars. Is this making sence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bummer you did this for shania, because all the people you were trying to misdirect were too busy making decisions on their 5 other tables to notice this...

I think metagame is underrated on this forum, but players remember hands they play, not so much the ones they see.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
okay, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would suspect the EV you lose by not 3betting and by making this river move is less than the future gain in expectation you get from constructing this image, especially since you are totally unsure of what the effect on your image will be.