Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Moving in from SB with K9 off with M of 6 after one limper

Thanks to all for their feedback.

A few clarifications:

1)there were no antes. In this particular tourney there are never antes.

2)I did not expect to be ahead if called by the big stack, although there was some possiblity that he was limping with something like 87 suited where I would be.

3)I also thought that the super-tight player in the BB might well fold, even though it was mathematically horrible for him to, because I had been sitting on his right for almost 2 hours and had seen him fold hand after hand and surrender his blinds whenever they were attacked. Since the big stack was new to the table, he had no info on me or the BB either. I thought he might see me shove, see BB fold when he clearly shouldn't (assuming that he had some garbage hand and would fold as I hoped), and conclude that the reason BB folded is that he knew I was a rock who would only shove there with a huge hand, and that might influence big stack's decision, especially if he had a small pair or low-to-middle suited connectors.

Anyway, I'm still not sure about the move although you guys have given me some good things to think about. I know I'm too LAGgy for my own good sometimes, and I have a bad habit of making impulsive moves after rationalizing them with questionable reasoning. I'm working on it.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: Moving in from SB with K9 off with M of 6 after one limper

i like your shove. i think he had FE. limp with AQ, funny.