Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Moving up to NL25 - Help a brutha out

Can people please provide me tips for NL25. Specifically how does it differ from NL10? Or can I just continue with my winning NL10 strategy? Do I have start playing tricky or is it just more ABC poker? Oh and are there still lots of fish at this level?

Thank you kind sirs.

Edit: And I play at Poker Stars [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Moving up to NL25 - Help a brutha out

play your A game ... no tricky stuff necessary

still lots of fishies, just less and less as you move higher and the good players are better
Old 08-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Bet from CO and Button in limped pots with Ax, broadway, suited connectors, CB 2 or less opponents, fold everytime you meet agression and you will win money.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:32 PM

Stay away from me and you'll be OK! mwuhahaha.

But seriously, I never played NL 10 so I can't compare, but there are still tons of terrible players here. If you don't yet have pokertracker and PokerAce you should get them. They will help you distinguish the tight from the loose. Basically target the loose with you decent hands and bluff the tighties and if they don't go away on the flop then you probably should just bail.

For the most part just play ABC. people play generally passive so you will get lots of value from your medium strength hands and they won't charge you too much when they hit monsters because they love to slowplay.

For the most part, don't bluff other than blind stealing and C-Betting etc. But other than that, I wouldn't try too much bluffing unless you have a specific read on an opponent.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:24 PM

Avoid FPS, ABC is definitely the way to go. Fishes are aplenty.

NL25 is still level one thinking, so make sure you get a lot of evindence on a player before you assume he's playing back at you for any reason other than his cards. I've seen plenty of NL25 players throw away money because they are certain the fish in their hand is playing back at them because they play tight. They then call/raise with worse hands than they normally would and throw away winrate. You can generalize this to any move up where the player moving up assumes the players at the next stake are *much* better than their previous game, which is rarely the case.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 PM

I never played the $10 full ring but the $25 full ring is very soft and passive. Make a hand and bet it. Don't make a hand, don't try to bluff but c-bet alot. Semibluff alot in position. Since you're a winner at the $10 I can't imagine that the $25 will be a problem. Good Luck.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:57 AM

Not much of a difference. I just made the change a few weeks ago. Just don't play scared at the larger bet sizes.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:10 AM

Just look out for the regulars. For sure there are some better players but you can continue to play your winning strategy and ABC poker for the most part. Once you find out who the regs are (the good ones at least) just start using table selection to your advantage.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:19 AM

If you win NL10 you will win at 25NL simple as that. Once you get to NL1000 there will be less donks though, so be prepared
Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just look out for the regulars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely want to watch out for me ;-). At this point in my silly BR challenge I'm at 25NL. Unfortunately I like anonymity so I won't tell ya my sn. On the upside, I probably won't be there much longer.

On a side note, if you take a prop bet for building a BR starting with play chips, make it a reasonable amount because it's quite the time sink.