Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Something we all should see

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the claims in the video are contrary to the facts and to basic science (example below). But conspiracy nuts don't care about facts and science, so please disregard this post, sorry.

Popular Mechanics:

"Melted" Steel
Claim: "We have been lied to," announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. "The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel." The posting is entitled "Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC."

FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength — and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning, notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.

"The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down."

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=1

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl at buddyQ and how obviously brainwashed he is. watch the whole movie retard.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:01 PM

Thx OP. Id already seen this but your doing good spreading the word. It has always been my belief that when these people behind the curtains murdered JFK/RFK/MLK they gained FULL control.

I love the part at the end where one of the Rockefellars says that eventually they want us al "chipped" so if we get out of line they can turn it off and make it impossible to function in society.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:20 PM

Okay, I've let this thread go on long enough and I'm now closing it with the following statement:

This movie (and I use the term loosely) is full of the dumbest, most [censored] ridiculous conspiracy theories ever. The fact that people actually believe 9/11 conspiracy theories makes me want to smack you all around until you stop being such gullible morons. I personally knew someone who died on 9/11 trapped in an elevator and spent it walking across the Queensboro bridge watching the smoke rise, and the conspiracy wingnuts demeaning the memories of those who died that day with their inane, pathetic [censored] are, in their own small way, as culpable for the things that have happened afterwards as this administration is for corrupting what should have been the lessons of that day. You've managed to reduce the most politically important event to happen in the last fifty years to "but did man REALLY land on the moon???", on the same level as a Fox special, and have therefore both learned absolutely nothing and made sure that some number of your politically ignorant relatives are doomed to repeat the same mistakes thanks to your chain emails and equally ridiculous message board posts. Congratulations.

ps: the tax evasion thing is also retarded.

pps: I've changed my mind while writing this and am leaving this atrocity open for a while because I don't feel like feeding any persecution complexes today. You have a couple of days to bitch about how I work for the man before I lock it. Enjoy!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rofl at buddyQ and how obviously brainwashed he is. watch the whole movie retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL some nut calling me 'brain washed' ,oh the irony. Must admit I couldn't watch the whole thing, very boring, and very silly. Its like watching that [censored] John Edward's tv show "dead people are talking to me, trust me."

But I got the general idea. I heard this crackpot BS before. It never stands up to real analysis, just keeps reappearing morphing in ever more half baked ways.

The 9/11 bits have all been debunked over and over. Please comment on the Popular Mechanics study.

On another note, all online poker is rigged and actually owned by the United Nations to fund the New World Order, which in turn is a front for the Masons, which in turn is controlled by 'Skull and Bones' which in turn ....
Old 08-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Haaay guise!

I wuz watchin this video and it all makes sense and I get it now! Of course it wuz bush that killed those 3000+ people at 9/11. And I knew the plane didnt crash into the Pentagon. In fact it landed in my Backyard!!!

Then bush, cheney, and condeleeza came out and were like sup. and I was like zomg wtf? They were like yeah we just blew up 3000 people kthxbye. I wuz confused but Now I get it!!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally knew someone who died on 9/11 trapped in an elevator and spent it walking across the Queensboro bridge watching the smoke rise, and the conspiracy wingnuts demeaning the memories of those who died that day with their inane, pathetic [censored] are, in their own small way, as culpable for the things that have happened afterwards as this administration is for corrupting what should have been the lessons of that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, adanthar, this is eerily similar to accusing war protesters of not 'supporting our troops' when in fact it can be argued they are the only ones that do, in wanting to see the troops home and safe and not fighting a ridiculous war.

I do agree with the utter corruption of the lessons, however.

You probably wouldn't consider me a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and most theorists wouldn't either, even though I might consider myself one. The conspiracy theorists get off on proposing the most bizarre and corrupt explanations, even rejecting ideas that aren't twisted enough. Therefore, they're not really interested in the truth and every 9/11 debate is retarded. The theorists propose the most ridiculous notions and the 'patriots' (or whatev) quote the popular mechanics article and shoot down the notions, all the while never really talking about the meat of the situation.

I don't care about missiles or detonations and most of it i've heard is utter crap but I am still, all these years later (and i'm not holding my breath), waiting to hear why this attack wasn't stopped. Why were the fighter jets not scrambled immediately and the hijacked planes shot down? How could such a crude and simple attack be so successful against the most powerful military and intelligence system in the world? If questioning this makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' then i'm willing to accept that.

I'm not sure how much this has to do with your post, but I just thought i'd share.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I personally knew someone who died on 9/11 trapped in an elevator and spent it walking across the Queensboro bridge watching the smoke rise, and the conspiracy wingnuts demeaning the memories of those who died that day with their inane, pathetic [censored] are, in their own small way, as culpable for the things that have happened afterwards as this administration is for corrupting what should have been the lessons of that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, adanthar, this is eerily similar to accusing war protesters of not 'supporting our troops' when in fact it can be argued they are the only ones that do, in wanting to see the troops home and safe and not fighting a ridiculous war.

I do agree with the utter corruption of the lessons, however.

You probably wouldn't consider me a 9/11 conspiracy theorist and most theorists wouldn't either, even though I might consider myself one. The conspiracy theorists get off on proposing the most bizarre and corrupt explanations, even rejecting ideas that aren't twisted enough. Therefore, they're not really interested in the truth and every 9/11 debate is retarded. The theorists propose the most ridiculous notions and the 'patriots' (or whatev) quote the popular mechanics article and shoot down the notions, all the while never really talking about the meat of the situation.

I don't care about missiles or detonations and most of it i've heard is utter crap but I am still, all these years later (and i'm not holding my breath), waiting to hear why this attack wasn't stopped. Why were the fighter jets not scrambled immediately and the hijacked planes shot down? How could such a crude and simple attack be so successful against the most powerful military and intelligence system in the world? If questioning this makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' then i'm willing to accept that.

I'm not sure how much this has to do with your post, but I just thought i'd share.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't have much, because 'why weren't these attacks stopped' is a very legitimate question with roots going back to the Cold War and a myriad of potential explanations, none of which are particularly satisfactory and very few of which are prone to easy solutions.

Or, these retards can blame it on the WTC being wired for explosions and not only miss the point, but also the stadium that the ballgame is held in. For one thing, blaming Bush for being evil from the very start implies that he pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and that if we only vote in the good guys next time, it'll never happen again. In other words, forget all of the analyzable social, political and economic causes behind 9/11 - preventing it is simultaneously as easy and as hard as stopping the Illuminati. It's almost as if the OJ Simpson fanclub was still manning the Real Killer hotline.

This isn't the politics forum so I'll stop here.

PS: don't forget the tax protests, there hasn't been nearly enough attention paid to that yet!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why were the fighter jets not scrambled immediately and the hijacked planes shot down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Claim: No fighter jets were scrambled from any of the 28 Air Force bases within close range of the four hijacked flights. "On 11 September Andrews had two squadrons of fighter jets with the job of protecting the skies over Washington D.C.," says the Web site emperors-clothes.com. "They failed to do their job." "There is only one explanation for this," writes Mark R. Elsis of StandDown.net. "Our Air Force was ordered to Stand Down on 9/11."

FACT: On 9/11 there were only 14 fighter jets on alert in the contiguous 48 states. No computer network or alarm automatically alerted the North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) of missing planes. "They [civilian Air Traffic Control, or ATC] had to pick up the phone and literally dial us," says Maj. Douglas Martin, public affairs officer for NORAD. Boston Center, one of 22 Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regional ATC facilities, called NORAD's Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) three times: at 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked; at 9:21 am to inform the agency, mistakenly, that Flight 11 was headed for Washington (the plane had hit the North Tower 35 minutes earlier); and at 9:41 am to (erroneously) identify Delta Air Lines Flight 1989 from Boston as a possible hijacking. The New York ATC called NEADS at 9:03 am to report that United Flight 175 had been hijacked — the same time the plane slammed into the South Tower. Within minutes of that first call from Boston Center, NEADS scrambled two F-15s from Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and three F-16s from Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. None of the fighters got anywhere near the pirated planes.

Why couldn't ATC find the hijacked flights? When the hijackers turned off the planes' transponders, which broadcast identifying signals, ATC had to search 4500 identical radar blips crisscrossing some of the country's busiest air corridors. And NORAD's sophisticated radar? It ringed the continent, looking outward for threats, not inward. "It was like a doughnut," Martin says. "There was no coverage in the middle." Pre-9/11, flights originating in the States were not seen as threats and NORAD wasn't prepared to track them. -Popular Mechanics Study
http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...42.html?page=1

[ QUOTE ]
How could such a crude and simple attack be so successful against the most powerful military and intelligence system in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]
Simple, governments, all governments, are inept at almost every task they attempt.

[ QUOTE ]
If questioning this makes me a 'conspiracy theorist' then i'm willing to accept that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Intellectual curiosity does not make you a 'conspiracy theorist' Believing in unsubstantiated claptrap contrary to all objective reality does.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:10 PM

What caused the third building to fall?
Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM

I also watched this movie and after part 1 I started researching and found some of the same stuff wrote by Thomas Paine with regards to Christianity being a worship of the sun. However after that it turned into an Alex Jones conspiracy theory flick and you can even hear audio snippets of him. You can google him and see that he writes a lot of this junk all the time. He even made a 3 hour movie called 9/11 Road to Tyranny. I watched some of it too before I realized the dude was a moron.
Closed Thread