Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Turn

You put his range strongly on QQ+? That is a sick spot for him to steal... I'm reraising for stacks pf unless he's a complete nit with those squeezes (which his stats don't indicate).
Old 08-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Jfish and others-

are we checking for pot control (because i don't think this can be done in a 3bet pot on the flop because villain can put us AI by the river by betting turn and river) or to induce a turn bluff? or were we calling purely for set value PF? my std play here is to bet-fold , so i'm very interested in what others have to say.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My standard play is to check, have an ace come on the turn, and slam my face into my desk.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol so true
Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 PM

i feel like a small bet on the flop is more theoretically correct than a check.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Really interesting 5/10 hand every street

Hey green lemur,

Too deep to shove JJ pre there even in a pretty clear squeezing spot, IMO. I like a shove with 100BBs or less, though. A 4-bet is probably my preferred play there, but I also run laggier than that guy, so people prolly give me less credit than they'd give you, which is a good thing in this spot.

On the flop, I'd check if I wasn't prepared to get the money in, and bet 1/2 pot if I was. If I checked the flop behind, I'd likely be going to showdown (and if I bet 1/2 pot, I almost certainly would).
Old 08-21-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My standard play is to check, have an ace come on the turn, and slam my face into my desk.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol so true

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-21-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey green lemur,

Too deep to shove JJ pre there even in a pretty clear squeezing spot, IMO. I like a shove with 100BBs or less, though. A 4-bet is probably my preferred play there, but I also run laggier than that guy, so people prolly give me less credit than they'd give you, which is a good thing in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer 4-betting (with the intention of playing for stacks) if we were deeper OR (and unfortunately this isn't the case) his RR wasn't as large. His large re-raise would make our 4-bet be large enough to show that we're committed, which means he'd be less likely to 5-bet with a weaker hand (except AK). You sure are at a disadvantage that he probably knows who you are but you don't know who he is. So I believe calling is best.

On the flop I think I would bet 1/2 the pot and, possibly depending on his timing, call a check-raise all-in. I find people are checking here with whiffed overs or a draw more often than a hand that beats us. A 1/2PSB may induce a bluff-raise from overs, and any bet will probably induce a raise if he has a draw.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Call preflop seems to be the wisest choice. And i'd bet the flop. If he c/r's well thats pretty lame, but I don't think it happens too often. Probably would call it, too, it seems pretty suspicious. Checking behind would be fine if there weren't 12 or more cards to concern us.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:21 PM

I would bet 2/3rds of the pot on the flop and call an all in. If I check behind I am going to be confused on "later streets" and I would rather get it in here then when something like the 8sp comes on the turn and he has spades, or 89, etc.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Turn

So it seems there is a bit of disagreeemnt as to the corect flop action. IMO this is a spot where mixing it up is good. I like betting about 2/3 of the time and checking the rest. In this case I checked. Turn brings an interesting card. Thoughts on the push?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($1482)
MP ($1164)
CO ($985)
Button ($3313.42)
SB ($140)
BB ($4208.12)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, MP calls $35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $35, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $180</font>, Hero calls $145, MP folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($435) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($435) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $377</font>, Hero calls $1302 (All-In)