Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: This is why I lose my ass in 200nl

well seriously i do put the money in all the time there and the guy literally has like k4 and i feel like a giant douchebag, and i guess after about the 10th straight time i decided i would start not doing that.

but anyway, i guess im wrong so i will go back to getting stacked here instead of losing $100
Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 PM

you feel like a douchebag for losing a hand ? I think before you play again you need to settle some issues inside yourself
Old 08-21-2007, 05:13 PM

with the 45 hand I would check the flop b/c you have a gutter to the str8 and your hand is likely good. If you hit a 6 then you can confidentally call or raise his bets. Knowing that this opponent will raise with almost ATC I would want to keep the pot small with only a pair of 4's.

With the A9 I don't like the 3bet. I would either just call or usually fold. If your gonna 3bet do it with something that isn't going to put you in dominating situations if you get called; like 67s and obviously AA and KK. If he has a hand like AK or AQ then your SOL with A9; however, you have 2 live cards a lot of the time with 67 and its easy to fold when you miss and get resistance on your cbet.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you feel like a douchebag for losing a hand ? I think before you play again you need to settle some issues inside yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what i mean is i don't have a consistent history of winning at this game so stacking off to a guy who is in fact really really mentally challenged when i have 2 outs makes me feel like i am doing something wrong, which is why i post these "standard" hands or whatever.

if i had like 100k hands of winning, i would be like "w/e 1 buy in".....hope that makes sense.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Mike Caro suggests that against over aggressive players or bullys..

You should

A) Call More Often
B) Raise Less Often
C) Seldom Value Bet

Basically dont go to war with these guys just let them hand over their money to you themselves....
Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM

You seem to by trying to make things happen, at least in the A9o hand and the 88 hand. I don't really like 3-betting players like this with marginal holdings because they're just going to call and put us in a difficult situation on most flops. Just sit back and be patient. Sooner or later this guy will bluff his stack off you you.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:23 PM

45s hand is perfect, IMO. Just make a note on what type of board he basically min c/r'd you.

I typically don't 3bet A9o defending, especially vs someone who'll almost for sure call. If you do 3b, reraise more, to like $28. If you see a flop, cbetting is fine just bet less, like $35-$38 into a $50 pot.

It may sound inconsistent, saying bet more, bet less. The thing to remember is to always be a threat to getting all-in by the river. In 3bet preflop pots, you only need to bet 2/3 - 3/4 pot on the flop to maintain this threat. Any more than this is unnecessary. Also, I'm saying to bet more pre because you really just want to take it down preflop so raise more OOP.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah, what tom said too.

You're obviously tilted as well, so quit playing.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:28 PM

i am tilted in this thread b/c i am using it to ask questions as well as to vent.

all of my plays in this thread may not be correct....but they are all well thought out and good intentioned at least.

the A9 hand is something i wouldn't do everytime and was a little bit influenced by the QQ hand...but i really hadn't seen how he had reacted in 3 bet pots so i don't think it is megatilty or anything.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the A9 hand is something i wouldn't do everytime and was a little bit influenced by the QQ hand...but i really hadn't seen how he had reacted in 3 bet pots so i don't think it is megatilty or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that the A9o hand is worse if you dont know how he's going to react.

if you know he's folding 99% of his opening range then it's good. if you know he's shoving 100% of his opening range it's fine. if you know he's calling and playing fit or fold it's fine.