Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: do you fold this turn?

preflop % is not everything, you have to look at the hands you can make, flushes and straights are very well in extracting money from second best hands while you can dump offsuit hands whith week kicker after many limpers because they are the hands which pay off better hands, i'd also play any suited 0,1-gap hand and also any 0-gap offsuit hand in this situation (54s+,53s+,54o) but dump the rest on your list, you' re really looking to flop a good draw or a strong hand like 2 pair...
Old 08-21-2007, 03:46 PM

A related question. I haven't really started using Pokerstove yet because I am still concentrating hard on my own cards and am not able to put villains on any complicated ranges, I'm sure that will change in due course. So how does it work in practise - are you able to assign ranges as you go along, street by street? You would study a hand, assign ranges, use Pokerstove and then later when a similar situation happens, remember the ranges and equity percentages while in the hand?
Old 08-21-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop % is not everything, you have to look at the hands you can make, flushes and straights are very well in extracting money from second best hands while you can dump offsuit hands whith week kicker after many limpers because they are the hands which pay off better hands, i'd also play any suited 0,1-gap hand and also any 0-gap offsuit hand in this situation (54s+,53s+,54o) but dump the rest on your list, you' re really looking to flop a good draw or a strong hand like 2 pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

my point was general ... i can't see this being a general call

as i said before ... you would have to really know the table before playing something like this hand

i can't see this being a good play for anything higher than like 10c-20c ...

i found it odd that snitch say he would play it (as he plays up to 5/10, i think) ... and i would dream of playing this hand at anything other than the weakest of tables (and most table above 1/2 are a little too aggro post flop to make this call ... you will not get paid off enough, IMO)

and i still don't get people saying to just call the flop ... if the table conditions say that you can play this hand - then those same guys are calling a raise on that board (the point is, is that the board is dry and many single card overcards will call from these guys) ... I still see people calling my flop raise, up to 5/10, in similar spots (with nothing but overs - and those guys have taggish stats!)
so if some of those guys are willing to call in that spot, then complete donkeys playing 30-50 of their hands will be calling more often
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 PM

PB, stoving for the top x% of hands is a terrible method to determine playing hands. Using that method you should play K5o before playing 22.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PB, stoving for the top x% of hands is a terrible method to determine playing hands. Using that method you should play K5o before playing 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Xhad

what i did was stove Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ... then got curious about other hands (so i started stoving other single hands ... not a range) ... it's in that format because it was easier to select them from stove's cart then write them out

those are most of the hands that had around the same value as Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ... 2-4 point less then the field average

my point was general ... it seems that people are saying yeah Q5s totaly playable (OP did not give any info about the table, who is in this hand, what they generally call down with, how aggressive they are, or even what limit this is)
so if Q5s is playable then all these other hands are as well ... I could see only playing Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but not Q5s (because that's your fun hand or something ... i have a couple of those) - but really, to say this is 100% call without any info is almost ridiculous IMO

Kit said it's OK if you know when to fold Qxx ... i have a ton of guys that play back at me with a lot less then TP (if you play this hand and others in even a moderate aggressive game ... you'll be droping cash big time)

of course ... I would really like to see a large database that shows an OK profit otb with suite crap (or other junk)
Old 08-21-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(if you play this hand and others in even a moderate aggressive game ... you'll be droping cash big time)

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.

what you want is a game where, on a flop of Qxx, if you flop top pair, everyone will check to you, you'll bet, and you'll rarely (if ever) get played back at.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:27 PM

Why not 3-bet the flop? i don't see what were afraid of here. Granted there are a ton of people still in the hand
but our raise should thin the field.