Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 AM

Default Re: line check, KK Deepstacked vs TAG

[ QUOTE ]
yeah...wtf at all the hate? Is this another typical SSNL "ZOMG, HE BET BIG, I'M NOT GONNA READ HIS HAND, I'M JUST GONNA FOLD" type thing?

AK really really rarely bets this flop IME. If we're beat, I think its by JJ.

I really don't have this call given that by the river your hand is very face up

[/ QUOTE ]

lol irony

so what exactly does villain have that we beat here?

like just name one hand.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah...wtf at all the hate? Is this another typical SSNL "ZOMG, HE BET BIG, I'M NOT GONNA READ HIS HAND, I'M JUST GONNA FOLD" type thing?

AK really really rarely bets this flop IME. If we're beat, I think its by JJ.

I really don't have this call given that by the river your hand is very face up

[/ QUOTE ]

lol irony

so what exactly does villain have that we beat here?

like just name one hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q9s... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually think this hand isn't as bad as it looks.

It makes little sense for villain to bet the flop. If he has AK he knows that Hero either hates this flop with KK/QQ, it's a split or that Hero has AA and is lolling himself.

Now hero c/c the flop. It would make sense for villain to think that Hero might be trapping villain or at the very least has Ax. So villain checks turn behind.

River: Hero checks again, now it's a plausable scenario for villain to think that Hero might still have KK- and decide to take a last swing at the pot. After all, would Villain not play Ax this way on turn and river?

I think it's preflop play that MIGHT justify this. If we didn't have villain's stats it would seem he is a clownish LAG.

Just sayin'..

[/ QUOTE ]

This analysis is so good because he is basically correct about what my thought process was on every street. By the river I thought I knew that Hero had KK/QQ because he can't check a set of aces 3 times unless he knows that I have air. But then I thought he could fold his hand for a 1/3 pot bet so I put the rest of my monies in, and he called pretty quick and I cried a little.

Thanks for the replies. Someone help me not clownish-ly donk off all my monies from now on plz.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Yeah I hate this just about as much as everyone else. First LOL at his minraise 4 bet and repop him up to $70-$75. If he calls, and the flop comes that way, I probably c/f, but I don't hate a c/c (with the intention of going to showdown, obv).
Old 08-21-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It makes little sense for villain to bet the flop. If he has AK he knows that Hero either hates this flop with KK/QQ, it's a split or that Hero has AA and is lolling himself.

Now hero c/c the flop. It would make sense for villain to think that Hero might be trapping villain or at the very least has Ax. So villain checks turn behind.

River: Hero checks again, now it's a plausable scenario for villain to think that Hero might still have KK- and decide to take a last swing at the pot. After all, would Villain not play Ax this way on turn and river?

I think it's preflop play that MIGHT justify this. If we didn't have villain's stats it would seem he is a clownish LAG.

Just sayin'..

[/ QUOTE ]

This analysis is so good because he is basically correct about what my thought process was on every street. By the river I thought I knew that Hero had KK/QQ because he can't check a set of aces 3 times unless he knows that I have air. But then I thought he could fold his hand for a 1/3 pot bet so I put the rest of my monies in, and he called pretty quick and I cried a little.

Thanks for the replies. Someone help me not clownish-ly donk off all my monies from now on plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you are villain?

Expert 4-bet, Expert calling of 5-bets with Q9s.

WTF.

Seriously, how do you get 22/17 stats doing retarded [censored] like this?
Old 08-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Villain doesn't necessarily have a lot here 4-betting. I play the post-flop pretty much the same way, but pre-flop seems like the worst option. Either 5-bet a bigger amount or just call, and I prefer calling.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:00 PM

Standard 100nl tag will bet this flop close to always after that preflop action if he has AK, for those who said he wouldnt. He's not planning on ever folding either.

Preflop is vicious spew. This is 100nl, people arent going arent 4betting each other super light all the time, jesus. Someone said if we are beat its by JJ. Villain has JJ like a negative percent of the time here.

You are winning pretty much never
Old 08-21-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just sayin'..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you are villain?

Expert 4-bet, Expert calling of 5-bets with Q9s.

WTF.

Seriously, how do you get 22/17 stats doing retarded [censored] like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes people make plays that are out of character for them I guess. Thanks for the flame, made me feel worse about my misplay of this hand.

Anyone else, please bring on the pain.

PS: Could we have a discussion of my 4-bet? I know I should have bet more or folded.. I basically thought that he could have 3 bet me light here as a squeeze play. Then when he 5-bet small I figured maybe I could pick up a good flop for my hand, or maybe he would fold later in the hand.

I don't usually make plays like this, but if I do this like one out of 5,000 hands or some other major 200+bb mistake, I just can't really win, so that's what I'm struggling with I guess.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:08 PM

did he actually have Q9s?

i think villain checks behind w/AK/AA a lot, so i think flop c/c is fine. river is a fold though
Old 08-21-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did he actually have Q9s?

i think villain checks behind w/AK/AA a lot, so i think flop c/c is fine. river is a fold though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was villain in this hand.